Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
That is in portrait mode...I think you meant landscape.

hobbes_doh.jpg

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Love the Slow-Mo video mode

Very nice. Wouldve been better in portrait mode though.

Completely agree with you! At the time I was just recording to test the Slo Mo feature, and show my kids how the dog drinks with that cool scooping action. But yes, I don't like portrait shot video as well! Landscape is the only way to go.

Hah, that dog drinking water slow motion video is awesome!

OSXpert

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
New York / New York
How are you guys uploading the slo mo videos. Mine come out regular speed. But preview shows the entire video slow motion. Weird

If you don't send them through apple's official "share" button, it plays the video at regular speeds. So if you go into the Facebook app and pick the video, it doesn't work.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Question. On my wife's 6, videos shot in landscape cannot be viewed in landscape. They stay looking as if I were holding the phone in portrait. Can anyone else confirm either way? I know from my 5 that that's not normal behavior, but would like to know if it's an "us" problem or a 6 problem.

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Question. On my wife's 6, videos shot in landscape cannot be viewed in landscape. They stay looking as if I were holding the phone in portrait. Can anyone else confirm either way? I know from my 5 that that's not normal behavior, but would like to know if it's an "us" problem or a 6 problem.

I have not experienced that problem on my 6.

However I wonder if it's related to the 'turning the phone sideways but not going into landscape mode in Safari or Mail' issue. That is an issue some people had (myself included) that was solved by simply rebooting the phone. Give that a shot and let us know if that works for you.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I have not experienced that problem on my 6.

However I wonder if it's related to the 'turning the phone sideways but not going into landscape mode in Safari or Mail' issue. That is an issue some people had (myself included) that was solved by simply rebooting the phone. Give that a shot and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks. We rebooted but it didn't work. Turned out that the rotation lock was engaged but not indicated as such (I think). In the control center I tapped rotation lock 3 times and now it's Off when indicated as Off, and vice versa. Weird.

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks. We rebooted but it didn't work. Turned out that the rotation lock was engaged but not indicated as such (I think). In the control center I tapped rotation lock 3 times and now it's Off when indicated as Off, and vice versa. Weird.

Odd... Glad you found the issue though!

This is my contribution. Ive been waiting a long time to try this one. My kids loved recording it. Lol.

http://instagram.com/p/tNoHKTDrTq/?modal=true

HA! That's fantastic :)

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
I thought slo-no would be a fun little gimmick. But I was wrong. It's incredible. For anyone with kids it's amazing. I took a ten second clip of my daughter and her bestie on a tire swing over the weekend. It's ten seconds of my child's life and it has everything.

The phone was worth it to have that one silly, random, unimportant moment preserved.

planetgirth

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2013
Can you record a video normally then edit to make it slo-mo? This would be cool as I never think ahead of time to use slo-mo feature.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
Not a slo-mo question but a time lapse one. Is it possible to have the screen turn off but keep recording the time lapse? Seems it would allow for better battery if it could record with the screen off since time lapses are going to be long videos.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
This is my contribution. Ive been waiting a long time to try this one. My kids loved recording it. Lol.

http://instagram.com/p/tNoHKTDrTq/?modal=true

That's just great!

----------

Can you record a video normally then edit to make it slo-mo? This would be cool as I never think ahead of time to use slo-mo feature.

No. How can you? You won't have enough footage in the first place.

----------

Had to try this out at the Caps training camp.

https://vimeo.com/106810369

Fabulous!

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque

Yes and no.
Yes there are editors that could play back slower. But no it's not true slo-mo because the actual frames of fast action footage weren't captured.

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
That's awesome. How to you get it to start slow mo at that moment??
You can edit the point of and duration of the time dilation with a slider bar, similar to the 'trim' function. The time dilation bar is right under the trim bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.