Lovin the iPhone4 Battery!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KidStallyn, Jun 27, 2010.

1. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

Absolutely lovin the new bigger badder battery!!! 28 hours of use, after it's first full charge. A lot of web browsing and usage. And I STILL have 44% to go! This is truly amazing!!! My 3Gs battery needed to be recharged usually by 2pm.....

Anyone else having such good battery life??

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

same here :p , can play on the phone all day and still only bring it down to 65% . TY steve!! lulz

3. M.Capz macrumors member

Not me....

What I don't get is I charge it too 100% before I go to sleep and when I wake up its at 85%. WTF?

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Me too! So far it certainly doesn't suck!

5. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Yup, it's definitely nice and i'm coming from a 3GS :cool:

6. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

You might have a lot of notifications turned on. Also, push email can drain the battery as well.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It depends on what you have on. Bluetooth? Push? Anything?

8. M.Capz macrumors member

I have push for Exchange and thats it. Never had this problem on my 3G.

May need to setup the iPhone as "new". Did a restore.

EDIT: Going to kill Angry Birds before I go to sleep tonight. Never had it on my 3G...

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Always RESTORE AS NEW when you upgrade hardware. I feel like I can't say this enough.

10. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Any particular reason why?

11. wishman35 macrumors regular

Do you mean when you hook up the phone for the first time that you should set it up as a new phone? Why can't you just restore from our most recent back up?

I feel like my battery is still getting drained pretty quick. I think like a 30 minutes Facetime call drained my battery 20% or so.

12. bwlucas macrumors member

I've been pretty impressed myself. First charge I was able to run it for 36 hours of standby time and almost 7 hours of moderate to heavy usage. Battery still had 6% of a charge left. Really incredible for a touch screen device.

13. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

67% after 2 hours 6 minutes use and 13 hours standby.

3g was off (I just got it and havn't even made a call on it yet lol) with wifi on, usage was only a little actual web surfing but mostly was just ipod usage. I havn't watched any videos and bluetooth is off. Since ive had it the phone has mostly been asleep as you can tell so i don't know if this is normal or faulty with the usage ive put it through. I definitely thought it would last longer than this.

Oh ya i havn't played any games or anything like that for more than 5 minutes since ive got it.

14. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

God damnit i can't just set it up as new...All my camerarolls and sms are on there cant i just reset all settings and it will fix it? Or recalibrate the battery?

15. telarmago macrumors member

Yeah, I'm also getting abysmal standby battery life. 20% drops overnight, it's ridiculous. This was with airplane mode...

16. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

HUGE difference for me from going from Push to Fetch 15 minutes for my MobileMe services (including Mail) and I don't think I'm going to bother going back to Push. Some people need it though..

17. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Something is definitely wrong then. In airplane mode I lost 1% in 12 hours...

18. telarmago macrumors member

Thanks for this, I'm definitely going to go to an Apple store if this isn't sorted out in a week.

19. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I restored from a 3Gs 4.0 backup and have had 0 issues. Battery life has been outstanding.

20. wake6830 macrumors regular

My battery is working perfectly. Haven't charged it at all since Friday afternoon, and that wasn't even a full charge, and now it's Sunday afternoon and I'm still at 32% battery. I've made a few calls, lots of texts, done plenty of web browsing and used apps for a good bit too.

21. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Im happy with this.

Attached Files:

22. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Is that 28hrs of use or 28hrs of Standby? If its use than your iphone is a BEAST!

23. krtnkd macrumors newbie

agreed!

My last charge was Friday night and with moderate usage all day sat, today so far and NO charge SAT night, it's now 4:11 EST and my battery is 70%.

My 3G would have been long since dead.

Love the 4 battery!

24. Ahambone macrumors newbie

Wouldn't doing this kill all of my saved games, i.e. GTA and Angry Birds?

25. sanders4617 macrumors member

I don't know how some of you guys are getting that good of battery life. Thats like 200% better according to some of your reports...

I will say.. its much better than the 3g.. but I haven't seen numbers like that.

Here is where my phone is right now:

Usage: 3 Hours, 25 minutes
    Standby: 20 hours, 21 minutes
    45% battery life.

I have done some video recording with the flash on it.. I messed around with that for a little while last night.. and then played a couple games.. did some facetime.. and other things here and there.

IMO.. Where this phone blows away my 3G is after it gets below 30%. On the 3G, once you got near 30% or in the red.. you could forget about it lasting much longer. It was kind of like your car.. when it gets under a 1/4 of a tank.. it flies down.