Loving my 6s Plus and Apple's Product Red silicone case!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rangers94, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rangers94 macrumors regular

Rangers94

And it matches my Product Red watch band beautifully. image.jpeg

Coming from the 6 I couldn't be happier. Battery life is amazing and the extra screen real estate makes using the phone that much more pleasant. One handed use is not as easy as the 6 but it's manageable and my hands are getting used to it more every day. Glad I decided to go big this year!

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I may consider the silicone red case as the leather one looks pretty bad after a few weeks. I ended up exchanging mine for a black one (6 Plus).

3. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

they both look great mate, finally some positive comments on this forum!

5. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

What colour phone you got?

6. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

grey

7. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

bet it looks well nice, ive got gold and kinda wish i had grey as the grey and red combo is awesome

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

What the two reds match perfectly? Wow... it's like apple planned it that way! Amazing!
    I have the red leather case and red band..... nice combo.

9. Mad4clay macrumors regular

Absolutely love the look. Red is my favorite color. I may have to copy you on this one. I have the red leather on and have had it for over a year and it's a bit beat up. I need the red band now. I bought a third party red band, before they came out with the product red. It's ok, but I really like the Apple band red better.

10. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

They don't match perfectly but they are VERY close and you can't tell unless you stare at them side by side. I had the Red watch band and when I saw they released the Product Red silicone case I had to have it!
    The silicone case feels very nice in the hand. I'm curious to see how it holds up over time but it seems very durable and fits nice and snug.

11. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

12. Fatboy71, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016

Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

I got the 6 Plus last year and loved the larger screen. This year it was an easy choice to stick with the Plus size.

I've used my iPhone more this last year than I have with previous generations. The large screen on the Plus just makes using the iPhone much more of a pleasant experience in my opinion. Watching videos on You Tube, surfing, playing games, and general app use I find is excellent on the Plus. Also the battery life is excellent on the Plus.

I'll be updating my iPad in a month or so, and I'm planning on going for the large screen on the iPad Pro for the same reasons I choose the Plus over the standard iPhone. Admittedly I don't need the extra grunt that the iPad Pro has, but its the larger screen thats making it so appealing for me.

13. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

iPad Pro won't have 3D Touch which is strange to me. I've gotten so used to 3D Touch on the iPhone that I don't know if I can go forward buying an iOS device that doesn't support it. I messed around with my 6 and it feels so lacking without 3D Touch.

14. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Yeah I'll miss not having 3D Touch on the iPad Pro, but I can live without it on that as it won't be used as much as my iPhone. Just wish the app developers would get their apps updated for 3D Touch :mad:

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Looks good! I have the stainless steel and wonder how it would look with the red. Got the product red leather case on my 6s plus.

16. E3BK, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I have the red silicone case for my 6S as well. I love it. Though, it isn't as deep of a red as I expected. It's an orange-red not a blue-red. I love how it feels, velvety to the touch. The lining on the inside is also very nice.

17. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Does it scratch easily, or at least show usage easily?

18. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Thinking of getting the same, it really looks good. Apple have done a solid job with their silicone cases in general. Unlike the leather which IMO suck. I got burned with the red Apple leather case, really looked and felt gross after a month or so.

19. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

Nice. Do you have a pic of it? I'd love to see it. I wish Product Red made an Apple leather case.

20. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

I've only had it a few days now. But it seems very durable and doesn't look like its gonna scratch. When I run my nails along it it doesn't leave a mark at all. It seems like it will hold up nicely.

21. Moki808 macrumors newbie

Moki808

My new 6S Plus in Rose Gold also looks great in the silicone red. Now I need an Apple watch with that matching bracelet!
    And on another positive note, my phone has been working great over the past 48 hours since received. The audio quality both in the speaker and through the headphone jack is the best I have heard after having several phones over the years. And I can't find a flaw of any kind in the screen or the body of the phone. Hopefully my good luck continues.

22. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Here it is next to my midnight blue apple leather case.

Attached Files:

23. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

That is a nice looking case. Does it slide in and out of your pocket easily?

24. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

Yes it does. It has sort of a smoothe matte feel to it. Feels very nice in the hand.

25. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

That's good to know, thanks. :)