Loving My Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewMacGirl, Aug 22, 2008.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

Iv'e had my iphone a month now and absolutely love it, really.

Its a flawless white beauty and Iv'e not had any 3G issues, well none I know about. It seems to make calls OK, never drops out and the internet is fast enough but I use it on wifi mostly.

I know loads of people with iphones and to a man and a girl we all love them.

OK people who post on forums all the time such as this one probably will be more likely to point out the negative minutae and whine on but for most people who are too busy to post on forums they are loving their iphones. I also know that competitors post on forums to try and create a negative vibe- Ask most large companies marketing departments and they are all lurkers on relevant forums to try and get market intelligence and add their own spin sometimes. They won't admit it but it goes on.

Before anybody accuses me I (or any of my family or friends ) don't have anything to do with apple, I promise.

Come on guys lighten up. OK Iv'e had a couple of crashes in safari but there is no phone out there which doesn't crash and the iphone seems better than my nokia 6280 which is always crashing. The great thing is that I know apple will sort it where as I have never had a firmware update with my nokia.

I have my email, my music, its a really clear phone, the internet works.

I honestly can't see what you are all whinging about.

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

+1

finally someone else who is absolutely content with their iPhone and hasn't had any problems

3. LiveForever macrumors 6502

About time and well said!

Yes it does have bugs but is your glass half empty of half full.

What I realise is how much time I spend on it. I am spending 5-6 hours a night on it! Iv'e had a few safari crashes but my iphone has taken the place of my laptop for surfing the internet, emailing and just messing about with the apps.

I echo that competitors will be posting on these forums (well they would be stupid not to) and will be doing their very best to pour lots of fuel on the fire. Signs are the newbies starting threads such as apples shame and all that kind of thing.

Yes apple have some bugs to iron out but most people (well everyone I know) are satisfied with them. You know apple will respond. Personally I am 99.5% satisfied and I can live with the %0.5 and that will be reducing as the updates come out.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You know, I also love my iPhone! I love it so much that I bought two. Double the fun, double the music and double the bill :eek: LOL Yeah so um....

:apple: I love my iPhones!! :apple:

5. BA005 macrumors newbie

6. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Same here. I've had my white iPhone for a month. I haven't had any issues with it except for Safari crashing on me once every few days.

I still feel excited whenever I touch my iPhone. Gosh I love it. :)

7. amro macrumors 6502

Let's see:

white iphone - check (although it's my 3rd, 1st - dead pixel, 2nd sticky home button)
    cracks in white iphone - none
    3g reception - check (some areas in Dallas are spotty. verified with other 3g non-iphone)
    GPS - spot on - read this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=547942
    Phone crash - never
    iTunes sync - 5 minutes or less (approx. 200 songs, 10 full length movies, 50 contacts
    Apps crash - 1 or 2 that i got rid of. And one time none of them would start (reinstalled them, and no issues since). Have 20 installed
    SMS keyboard lag - 1 time (while I was playing music, keys lag was approx 1-2 seconds. quit the sms and re-entered without a hiccup)
    Safari - 1 or 2 crashes since day 1
    Sounds - always work

I've been through many a cell phone. I avoided contracts on TMobile, and bought my phones. I've tried Nokias, Motorolas, 2 different WinMo's and Samsung. The iPhone, is by far my favorite phone and toy I've purchased in many years.

So, I'm a happy camper as well...

8. macwall macrumors 6502

9. beate macrumors regular

kiss kiss

Almost 14 months and I still love it. No issues whatsoever.
    Never a problem until I downloaded 100 million apps (slight exaggeration). The "bad apples" are off my phone now...

I was just saying tonight, to the person that bought it for me - "isn't it nice to have someone still love a present after more than a year and see them walking around kissing it?" He didn't understand - said he's never kissed an inanimate object... Oh well - he's a guy!

First Cell I've ever liked and actually used. First Cell I've ever gotten my messages on (people love me now...). First PDA/Smartphone I could tolerate.

I just love this thing! kiss kiss

10. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That.

I have no physical defects, no connectivity issues, no lag, etc. *knock wood* I just love it. :D

11. needthephone macrumors 6502a

love my iPhone too.

I would say it's exceeded my expectations and all the folk I know with them feel the same. I guess they gave us Aussies the good ones eh, and gave the whinging Americans the broken ones right?

I use macrumors less and less as I'm sick of the negativity -I'm not telling where I go to incase some posters go and infect it with their whinhing whiny ways. Only here do I see all this stuff practically every thread is saying apple have produced the most evil product and they should be brought to justice.

Yes on the other forums there are discussions on bugs but we move on and so the site isn't hijacked.

As only here are there so many whiners the obvious and only conclusion is that mr is dominated by competitors stirring up s h #t for apple.

People this thing is incredible but has a few bugs which are being sorted. Wake up to yourselves and don't get sucked into the competitors smear campaigns.

Proudly typed on the best product I've ever had the privelidge of owning.

12. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

+1

I bought my iPhone 3G when it was released and I have been very happy with it.

13. jacksam101 macrumors member

+1

I've had contract phones in the UK with Vodafone, "3", T-Mobile and Orange before - smartphones, idiotic phones (!) and had not found a phone that does what I wanted - until I got my iPhone 3G

Contacts/calenders etc sync far easier than my pocketpc smartphones, email and internet are far easier to access than on my previous 3G phones and the phone bit works as well as any of the ordinary phones (except i love the way the iPhone shows text messages as a conversation - like iChat)

So yes, another happy iPhone user here (I don't need to take a iPod, phone, laptop and Pocketsurfer2 when I'm away from home now!!)

14. odp1979 macrumors member

odp1979

I would divorce my wife and marry my iPhone if I had the chance. LOL.

15. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

If she sees your post that might happen!!

16. spacedout17 macrumors member

Best phone i have ever had. Yes it has bugs, but still the best phone out there. Don't think there is another phone out there that's as sexy and functional as the iPhone. :D

17. halo211 macrumors newbie

while this phone is not perfect and has a glitch here or there, it has met all the needs i've always wanted in a phone and a mobile device to access information. very pleased so far and looking forward to what's to come.

18. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

pun intended?

19. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

I agree. This my first time owning anything like a smartphone. I love it. I'm forced to use my computer less and less. It let's me keep up with my classes. I don't know how I survived without it. LOL

This site is ok. It's helped with lots of stuff. Figuring out cases and things like that. If u know of a better one, please feel free to share it with me. I promise not to bring a billion complaints with me LOL.

20. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm with the OP. I used to be a phone junky switching every couple months despite the cost and contract extensions involved. I've been a happy iPhone user since February and have no intention of switching before my contract expires.

I also treat this phone like a Faberge Egg so I'm sure it'll still look new when the next best thing rolls around and it's time for me to upgrade.

Another thing I love about this phone is the upgrades. Every time I see one available I feel like I'm getting a new phone. What other phone out there delivers that kind of excitement??

21. djfrugal1 macrumors newbie

wondering

Do all of you have Apple computers as well? Is anyone using an Iphone and using a Windows ITunes. My Apple laptop died and I have been using windows Itunes, I bought a 3G and it literally didnt work at all, no apps would work, speaker stopped working, It would only restore certain settings and 1 email address out of 6....and I am wondering if it just doenst work well with the windows Itunes......??

22. bklyn bruiser macrumors newbie

Whew..... !! What a misleading title to this thread....:p

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, I only sync with either my iMac or Mac Pro. My Windows laptops never get near my phones/iPods.

24. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Same here. In fact, I don't own a Windows computer. Much less trouble that way. :)

25. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You can post on this forum using your iPhone? It doesn't make you wait 4-5 seconds for every single letter you type when posting here on the iPhone?

'Cause I can't sit around and take 10 minutes to type out 3 sentences. You don't have that problem??