Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I use my iphone with a PC and a imac-I have both set up with my settings and to seems to work OK.

I wasn't critisising the US above by the way, apple is an American company after all and I think its the most innovative and daring company in the world, its just that sometimes this board has been overwhelmed by this same "my iphone is crap" feeling. How come Iv'e only seen it on MR as well?

Yes the aussie forums mention bug issues but its not thread after thread on the same dam thing which quite frankly is not that big a deal.

Get a sense of perspective.

Yes I get safari crashes occasionally but I can get over them and life moves on. The really great thing about apple crashes is that they are so clinical-OK it crashes but it re sets to the same place and is OK again. With windows the whole thing hangs and usually you have to do a reboot.

IT may sound like it but really I am not an apple employee or have any connection with them what so ever. But I really do love my iphone so much, its incredible and I can live with the bugs which are being sorted.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Do all of you have Apple computers as well? Is anyone using an Iphone and using a Windows ITunes. My Apple laptop died and I have been using windows Itunes, I bought a 3G and it literally didnt work at all, no apps would work, speaker stopped working, It would only restore certain settings and 1 email address out of 6....and I am wondering if it just doenst work well with the windows Itunes......??

Yes, I only sync with either my iMac or Mac Pro. My Windows laptops never get near my phones/iPods.

Same here. In fact, I don't own a Windows computer. Much less trouble that way. :)

I am using an iPhone Classic and Windows XP Media Edition and LOVE BOTH!!! Do not have any compatibility problems or issue (until 2.0). Do not have any trouble or conflicts other then with "Apple" software. Had the same phone since iDay and will stay with what I have until "Apple" fixes the 2.0 issues and 3G problems that are more rampant then normal.

Just to say...no one OS is perfect and has flaws somewhere. It also depends on the user and their knowledge/capabilities.

I LOVE my "Apple" iPhone and it is an everyday part of my life,
and I LOVE my Alienware XP "Windows" Machine and the Gaming and Media capabilities!!!

Please...Don't be haters :D

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
You can post on this forum using your iPhone? It doesn't make you wait 4-5 seconds for every single letter you type when posting here on the iPhone?

'Cause I can't sit around and take 10 minutes to type out 3 sentences. You don't have that problem??
It only does that to me ocassionally. For instance, it's typing perfectly well right now.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I am using an iPhone Classic and Windows XP Media Edition and LOVE BOTH!!! Do not have any compatibility problems or issue (until 2.0). Do not have any trouble or conflicts other then with "Apple" software. Had the same phone since iDay and will stay with what I have until "Apple" fixes the 2.0 issues and 3G problems that are more rampant then normal.

Just to say...no one OS is perfect and has flaws somewhere. It also depends on the user and their knowledge/capabilities.

I LOVE my "Apple" iPhone and it is an everyday part of my life,
and I LOVE my Alienware XP "Windows" Machine and the Gaming and Media capabilities!!!

Please...Don't be haters :D

Trust me, I'm not hating Windows in any way.

In fact, I've just sold a MacBook and and selling a MacBook Pro and keeping my two Windows laptops, one of them I just bought last month.

smithy1185

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
I just got my iphone 2 days ago and I absolutely love it. I think its definitely one of the coolest things I've ever own and compared to all of my old phones, it is by far the best. I switched over from Verizon and couldn't be happier. I too have had a few Safari crashes but I found that they seemed to happen when running too many pages at once.

luckygyrl83

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Fullerton, CA
You can post on this forum using your iPhone? It doesn't make you wait 4-5 seconds for every single letter you type when posting here on the iPhone?

'Cause I can't sit around and take 10 minutes to type out 3 sentences. You don't have that problem??

I don't. I don't have any lag when I use the Internet. Only my contacts and text. It's lame.

And I have an HP laptop. No issues with syncing or anything like that.

AnalyzeThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2007
I love it. It is the best phone in the world!

I had a rough start with my first 3G. A week later, replaced it with a new one.
The second 3G is flawless.
Finally, iPhone 3G the way it was meant to be.

If you have any problems, especially dropped calls with good signal - just replace it right away. Do not feel bad; It is a mass production, Apple saves millions by not thoroughly testing every single unit. Apple should actually apologize for the inconvenience to you for doing the testing job, but instead they will give you another one.

Be happy...

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
Im with you too. I love my 16g black iphone. I had the original when the 16g came out and it is wonderful. I waited a while to upgrade because i loved my first gen iphone but im glad i did. I like the 3g. Have not had any serious issues.

AnalyzeThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2007
Not every crash is crash!

I just got my iphone 2 days ago and I absolutely love it. I think its definitely one of the coolest things I've ever own and compared to all of my old phones, it is by far the best. I switched over from Verizon and couldn't be happier. I too have had a few Safari crashes but I found that they seemed to happen when running too many pages at once.

When you return to the home screen and application is terminated it is not always a crash. "iPhone OS Programming Guide" actually a good place to get an answers. Your observation is correct - too many pages means too much memory. There is a safety check to protect memory and if application ignores a low memory notification, well it will be terminated. Some speed tests sites could provoke it by not releasing memory after every test. tinyspeedtest is one of them - it is really becomes nasty on wifi test as it bleeds a ton of memory and causing Safary to be terminated eventually. iPhone will create a crash dump even though there was no crash just to help developer to figure out what was going on.

Sometimes iTunes forget to mark an old crash dumps as submitted and will prompt you to submit it to apple every day. Just click on detail and wipe out the folder content, so only new crashes, if any will be registered.

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007

it's a memory thing. if this happens to you (or when typing an sms) hold the home key until it quits out of the program. this clears the memory. now everything should be good, just go back to safari or sms and it types fine

fastgraham

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
I enjoy the suspense... at first you buy something (Iphone) and while it is so cool, there are problems. But there are those unseen that recognize these problems and fix them.

Would you love a film that had all the problems resolved when it began? Of course not.

I think that if a phone can make calls, everything else is gravy.

There is no doubt in my mind that one day soon all these issues will be resolved and we will be treated to features and service never before imagined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.