Loving my UMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ohaooa, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ohaooa macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I unboxed my 2.66 UMBP today and I couldn't be happier. This machine is a beast! And btw, I'm a new mac convert so welcome me please!:p

2. NickM macrumors 6502

Welcome from another new convert :)
    I got my first mac, a 2.53 UMBP a month ago. I too am very satisfied.:D:apple:

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

welcome to our elitist group haha just kidding.

you know what's interesting, i think PC's could be a good thing. you just need to be aware of what you are doing on them. the average user messes up their PC computer so fast its astounding. i dont know i still like PC but Apple is just so much more stable its like why bother with a PC. i would love a really maxed out alienware or something. i dunno i just got to thinking....not always a good thing.

4. aleni macrumors 68000

congrats! i just got my 17" 2 days ago. it's fantastic. but sometimes i got eyestrain, hope my eyes will be adapting soon. or im ****ed.

5. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

yes, i am loving my umbp too...
    just have this for 2 month... :D

6. jagr200 macrumors member

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

1 month old 17", 2.66.

Awesome. Best design yet (I've had PB/MBP since PB100). A work of art, too.

My only complaint on it has been the 9600 "flash/flicker" redraw problem, which I suspected to be software. Looks like I was right - the firmware update (yesterday) seems to have taken care of the problem. :)

I sort of miss the extra FW port (the FW400), but a single cable is working fine (4 drives and burner). But, I'm glad Apple realizes the importance of FW800.

8. ohaooa thread starter macrumors newbie

I totally agree, I still use my custom-built tower pc and I will keep using until it dies. It's like you said though, Apple is so much more stable, why bother?
    I use my pc as a workhorse, downloading everything from there and then enjoying the fruits of his labor on the mac!:cool:

9. Fishermanbb macrumors newbie

Congrats and welcome....i converted about a month ago and must say I was a little skeptical before I bought.......Been using PC's since DOS ad worried the switch would be a pain......I'm no genius but I was proficient in a few hours and now everything is second nature.....I still have my old tower PC but have ONLY turned it on to burn an SD card for a test pattern on my TV. I had to help my wife with her old Dell the other day and now she'll be getting a Mac as I don't want that trouble anymore.......When I'm wrong I say it....O should have switched LONG ago....I'll NEVER go back!

10. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

11. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I'm recent convert as well. Except for a few glitches with acrobat 8 pro, so far I am very pleased. My UMBP isn't any faster then the vista laptop it replaced but seems much more stable.

12. lapino macrumors regular

I find myself using my MBP mainly for surfing, mail and some music. PC is used almost exclusively for gaming now. While I have almost zero issues with Vista stability-wise, I do find OSx a joy to work with. Haven't done any decent productivity work on my MBP like Photoshop, but I feel it would not disappoint me. Gonna take my UMBP with me on our trip to Bali next friday, very curious how it'll hold up to store pictures, surf and skype while away.

13. ohaooa thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope you'll find that it would not disappoint!