Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Keep vise grips handy. It's the only way to remove the ring in an emergency situation. You have to crush it to snap it in two.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
This has probably been said, but I didn't read through the thread, that is definitely Vietnam. The boys went there in Top gear, I believe last year? best Top gear Special yet. Simply amazing.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
huh? he can take it off at will unless his finger is swollen or something.

The ring can not be cut off if it gets crushed like gold, silver, etc. No blade will cut through it-no blade any perimedic or hospital has. The ring has to be bent back into shape with great force and at that point they snap. Of course he can take it off under normal situations.

Look it up.

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
The ring can not be cut off if it gets crushed like gold, silver, etc. No blade will cut through it-no blade any perimedic or hospital has. The ring has to be bent back into shape with great force and at that point they snap. Of course he can take it off under normal situations.

Look it up.

I know this...I can't see a time where he would need to crush it to take it off.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It happens.

Run to walmart, lowe's, home depot, etc. and pop it off in the isle. I see this as no bigger issue than any precious metal ring. in fact, a precious metal ring would likely require special instruments and NOT be something you have at home. I am sure ER's have access to vice grips. In other words, at worst you would wait as long as you would if you had a precious metal ring. At best, you do it yourself on the spot. Bottom line, I think we can move on. :)

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I'm sure the "congratulations on your engagement" was implied.... :rolleyes:

Regards,
Tom
p.s. Broken bits of ring represent a choking hazard.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Run to walmart, lowe's, home depot, etc. and pop it off in the isle. I see this as no bigger issue than any precious metal ring. in fact, a precious metal ring would likely require special instruments and NOT be something you have at home. I am sure ER's have access to vice grips. In other words, at worst you would wait as long as you would if you had a precious metal ring. At best, you do it yourself on the spot. Bottom line, I think we can move on. :)

Wrong and you don't know much about rings. Precious metal rings can be cut off with ease. Tungsten is harder than most all blades and cutting devices.

Whatever, you don't care, stop replying. Trying to just give the member some advice if he gets into a bad situation. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.