LTE Data Usage POLL - How much since you received your iPad?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
How much LTE Celluar Data have you used?

I currently have Verizon iPad and since receiving mine friday afternoon I have used 4.7GB on Cellular Usage alone according to the iPad under settings/general/Usage/Cellular Usage.

Last edited:

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
How do you have unlimited ?
Got the original unlimited plan on original iPad and simply rolled it over to this one. What's fun is, it's still unlimited on my first one too.

Have only been off wifi for 20 mins or so but burned through almost 200mb in that 20 mins. The cell connection is almost as fast as my wireless connection at home.

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Zero, zilch, none. I'll get data when I travel. I got the LTE model over the wi-fi mostly for the GPS which doesn't need a data plan. When I travel I'll buy data. To me, paying for data so I can run around town lugging an iPad and looking like a dork just doesn't do it. :p That's why I have a GNex with a 4"+ screen and pay for data for that. ;) That's dorky enough!

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Got the original unlimited plan on original iPad and simply rolled it over to this one. What's fun is, it's still unlimited on my first one too.

Have only been off wifi for 20 mins or so but burned through almost 200mb in that 20 mins. The cell connection is almost as fast as my wireless connection at home.
Heck, my cell connection is even faster that my wi-fi connection at home. I get about 20-25 down/and 12-15 up on average at home. I get twice that on my LTE connection.

I'm thinking about calling Verizon and upgrading my internet speeds because I just can't have my cellular connection outdoing my FiOS.

jvdrummer182

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
USA
I moved my Unlimited Cell Phone plan to my ipad. I had to get a new line of service with 2GB plan for my iphone.
Did you do this with AT&T or Verizon? I've been interested in doing the same and have been told by AT&T that it was not possible

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Did you do this with AT&T or Verizon? I've been interested in doing the same and have been told by AT&T that it was not possible
Verizon but I remember reading that AT&T will disable your data for a month if you do what I did.

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
457MB since Friday on my Verizon model....This was with me using my Ipad and 5 friends hooking their laptops up via hotspot and using it for about 4-5 hrs Saturday. Besides them using my data, I'd say I used about 150 of the 457.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
How did you manage to "spread" the unlimited plan to two iPads? I transferred mine from iPad 1 to the new iPad and then signed up for a separate plan for the first iPad. I'm going to be very pissed if I could have kept both and paid the same :mad: Or at least kept unlimited on both.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
350 MB on Verizon 1 GB plan. That was all mostly from one sitting browsing the web to test LTE out.

lulla01

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Verizon doesn't have an unlimited tablet plan and won't let you just switch your iPhone data plan to your iPad, you may want to make sure your reading it right