Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Mac Studio isn't set to launch until Friday, March 18, but a French Apple fan was able to secure his new machine today due to a store error. As relayed to Mac4Ever, an unnamed store gave the customer the Mac Studio early, and he has shared an initial photo of the new device.

mac-studio-early-arrival.jpg

According to Mac4Ever, the customer, Simon, will be providing additional photos of the Mac Studio later today, but as of right now, there's not a whole lot to see.

Apple tries to keep products from going out to customers early, but every so often a retail partner makes a mistake. Back in May, a customer got an M1 iPad Pro several days before launch, and multiple people were able to secure AirTags before their debut date.

The Mac Studio will officially launch on Friday, March 18, and customers in Australia and New Zealand will be the first to receive the devices, aside from any machines that end up going out early.

Priced starting at $1,999, the Mac Studio is equipped with Apple's highest-end Apple silicon chips, including the M1 Max and the new M1 Ultra, which is essentially two M1 Max chips that are interconnected. The Mac Studio will launch right alongside the Studio Display, the iPhone SE, and the iPad Air.

Apple started selling the Mac Studio following last week's "Peek Performance" event, and it is now sold out until April. Apple will likely have base models available for purchase in its retail stores on Friday for those who were not able to place an order for launch day delivery.

Update: Additional photos of the Mac Studio have been shared on the Mac4Ever website.

Article Link: Lucky Customer Receives Mac Studio Days Ahead of Schedule

Last edited:

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it unboxed.

That box does not look right, unless Apple changed their box design language.

The Mac Studio label would be upside down when the box is put up (notice the Mac Studio itself is upside down in this position). Also it's weirdly left aligned. Seems unlike Apple but we'll see.

connormw

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2018
New York
The Mac Studio label would be upside down when the box is put up (notice the Mac Studio itself is upside down in this position). Also it's weirdly left aligned. Seems unlike Apple but we'll see.
The alignment is what got me. Usually the product title is center aligned on the side of the carton the item resides in. Holds true for recent iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pros, and (anecdotally for me) a Mac Mini from 2018.

Just seems like an odd product name placement.

Realityck

macrumors G3
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I'll believe it when I see it unboxed.

That box does not look right, unless Apple changed their box design language.
The shipping box next to it has the warning that this product contains lithium batteries? A Mac Studio doesn't have that, neither does the matching display if he had gone that route.

The Studio Box looks like it was graphically faked.

Reactions: Böhme417

hoodafoo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2020
Lso Angeles
The shipping box next to it has the warning that this product contains lithium batteries? A Mac Studio doesn't have that, neither does the matching display if he had gone that route.

Coin batteries wouldn't warrant that warning?

Wedlock

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
St Willebrord , The Netherlands

My M1 Mac Mini also came in a box with that sticker on it so that doesn't mean anything........

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
B&H Photo has no clue if any are even on their way to them. Very weird.
They never do with new releases. It was the exact same scenario with the PS5 when I was on their ‘waiting’ list. They don’t have any inside information in terms of time-frame when receiving the product from the supplier, nor would they probably share that with you for obvious reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.