Lutron Caseta & Smartthings for Motion

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by rhett7660, Jun 9, 2017.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello,

I would like to add a motion detector in a few of the rooms I have, however I want to know if anybody has used the above items and if so how did it work for you? Was there a lag or delay with the lights going on and off?

Thanks

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I use Lutron and it has been some of the most reliable Homekit products so far. They don't offer directly a motion sensor that I am aware of but if you find one from another brand you can use Homekit automation to trigger a light or fan. I don't use it but I have tested turning lights on with my Ecobee room sensors and it works.

3. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

I currently have Lutron and Ecobee, I did not know the sensor from Ecobee can be used to do this. Do you happen to have a step-by-step on this? This would save me from having to invest in another hub and their sensors.

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

In the home app, automations, add new automation, a sensor detects something. The sensor is ecobee and the something is a light.