Luvvitt Clearview + Gold 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sparkhill, Sep 30, 2013.

1. sparkhill, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

sparkhill macrumors regular

Earlier I posted some photos of the PS AirJacket on my phone. It is a minimal case but also affords somewhat minimal protection.
    PowerSupport AirJacket + Gold 5S

I just received a Luvvitt Clearview case. It is a softer plastic and wraps around the screen a bit better. You give up some of the minimal design of the AirJacket but I think you gain substantially more protection.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9LVC2K/

Attached Files:

2. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

3. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I like the looks of it, and the Lifetime warranty, I'll buy one now for my gold 5s when it arrives.

Thanks for posting the pics and the links.

4. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Is it slippery ?

----------

How are you liking the case so far ?

5. sparkhill thread starter macrumors regular

Not at all. In fact, I think it is a slightly tacky/sticky.

6. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

two questions if you do not mind.

1. Is the dual LED flash impacted since there is no black liner around the camera cut out? If the LED flash fires does it wash out photos?

2. Below the home button and above the docking area does the case sag or can it easily be pulled down? Asking as I put my phone in my pocket and would hope pulling it out would not cause this area to stretch / tug.

Thanks! I am debating picking this one up to try.

7. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Sparkhill, please HELP!!

I want a clear THIN case for my Gold iPhone 5S as well, i am looking at the two you posted the Luvitt, Power Support Air Jacket and also looking at the Desmay Slight 5

What I want most is a clear case that shows off the phone crystal clear with the least amount of weight and bulk.

Any recommendation as to which one?

8. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

case is probably one of the best cases out there to show the beauty of the design of the iPhone not slippery at all there is a good grip when holding onto in it... and the best feature is that the back is scratch resistant which most aren't

----------

get the luvvitt case you will love it

----------

although I am currently waiting on my next case to come they are 1-2 weeks on the eta as of last wk when I ordered

[​IMG]

9. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

10. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

11. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

led flash is in no way impacted by the case pictures comes out perfect with the dual flash

there is no sag to the bottom of the case as there are individual cut outs 3 total for the ports so it makes the bottom part of the lip stay impact..you run into problems with the cases that have the one big cut out at the bottom that have the sag issue

12. nuarichard macrumors member

Went back and forth with your 2 threads in the forum with the air jacket and this one just to see the minute differences the 2 clear cases have. I'm still on the fence on which case is better (durable, protection, scratches, handling) between the 2. Hope you don't mind if you give a little more hands on review comparing the 2 cases if you have time. Will surely appreciate it. Thanks!

13. Ruckus12 macrumors member

For the air jacket i know that it's kind of tricky to take the phone out to clean the dust etc, and may scratch the sides while doing so if not careful, how much easier/harder is it with this case?

And how much better at scratch resistance is it compared to the air jacket

14. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

Actually, it is transparent, just with a smoky tint. Just ordered one. But yea, I clicked on the totally clear version in my link and sure enough it doesn't have the darkened ring around the flash. Sorry about that. Weird that that's the only version that doesn't.

15. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Just purchased mine on Amazon. I am currently using a brown Apple leather case with Invisible shield HD screen protector on my gold 5s. Hopefully this Luvitt case will be a good combo. It looks to be all rubber is this the case?

16. sleepybird macrumors newbie

If it's sticky, would it be able to take hands free panoramic photo using the Cycloramic app (I.e., rotates by itself?). Thanks.

17. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Seems like a hefty price tag for what it is. I'd like it better at 15$

18. nuarichard macrumors member

Got this case and been using it for a week already and I really am loving this case. Truly worth every penny.

19. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

just curious about the luvvitt

does the bottom middle droop down a bit?...you know, where the charging port is?

this seems to be the case with a lot of the cases with the flimsy part in the bottom

20. nuarichard macrumors member

So far it doesn't droop down at the bottom charging port part.

Quite satisfied and happy with it. :)

21. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

22. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

The problem with that case is that the back glossy plate leaves fingerprint smudges. And in general I think the glossiness just looks tacky. I'd prefer a see through matte version. I've seen quite a few gold iPhones with the Caudabe Veil, but that might be too little protection for some. Look fantastic though.

23. Kimball macrumors regular

Just recieved the clear one as well. Buttons are nice and all. But I forgot the "bubble-effect" that happens with clear-beack-cases, and I dont like the look of it. Still the best clear-case there is Id say though, but I think Ill stay with my black apple leather case instead!

24. sparkhill thread starter macrumors regular

Did you remove the protective coating sheet?

25. Kimball macrumors regular

Oh yeah, both inside and outside of course! Not sure if its my backside protection film maybe?