Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Awesome these look great as well. I need a space for my iPad but as for Macbook space thats really just for future proofing, space for a 15" would be nice.

Nebrie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
Mismo Stamina Bag

SjNV6.jpg

Filson Padded Computer Bag

HYEj5.jpg

Mismo Utility Bag

YdqE9.jpg

Cherchbi Archive Messenger

vHKJY.jpg

or the Satchel that can hold a 13"

qPT7W.jpg

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Very nice! Im having to re-evaluate my choice, as ended up ordering a Marshall Bergman 15" Theo bag but it turns out is bloody HUGE, impractically so.

It is however incredibly good quality so I am considering the Marshall Bergman Corbin (Leather), so a smaller, more portable version would seem much more suitable in most situations and not be just a drag to wear. (See it here.)

andyb12

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
maine
Joseph P. Marcellino Co.

saddleback is good bag if your outdoors or just hanging out at a bar but not a good office or professional looking bag. I have a Joseph P. Marcellino Co. 16" with 2 sections that is part of his Darwin collection. it is about the same price as Sb but looks much more professional, handmade in NY with much better leather quality. My wife has a mulberry that she purchased for $2500 and the JPM compares to that leather. you should also check out the Westminister from Swaine Adney briggs, same bridle leather but from England and more expensive.

http://jpmarcellino.com
http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/leather/document_cases/index.html

Dunhil has a great satchel, no shoulder strap
http://www.dunhill.com/the-shop/leather/bags-and-luggage/l3l984r/london-triple-satchel-bordeaux

strong_eye_leather_1145_03.jpg

strong_eye_leather_1145_11.jpg

strong_eye_leather_1145_13.jpg

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
"good for a bar...." ridiculous...my saddleback thin brief has done many boardroom meetings with great accolades by associates.....just depends on what you want...

andyb12

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
maine
fair enough. i guess you could take a plastic bag to a meeting and get comments. what comes out of the mouth and impressions in ones head are 2 different things. im not saying by any means an SB bag is not appropriate in office meetings, im saying that an executive would "most likely" not be in a meeting with a SB bag. they are just not as finished as a Dunhill or Swaine.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
. im not saying by any means an SB bag is not appropriate in office meetings, .

"saddleback is good bag if your outdoors or just hanging out at a bar but not a good office or professional looking bag. "

yes you are...don't back peddle now....

totally sanctimonious....IMO....carry on and dictate fashion, we're all ears.......

andyb12

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
maine
lighten up, im being sarcastic. its fashion, who cares. im not "dictating'" or being "sanctimonious". im just giving my stupid opinion. Your quoting me like i was Einstein.

But i still stand behind my main point, which i don't necessarily like, in the business world impression is everything. I think that rustic leather type bags don't make the same impression as calf or bridle leather bags. like i said, its my stupid opinion, take what you want from it. this is the way the world runs, for good or bad. The impression of driving in a BMW is not the same as a hyundai as is true with a saddleback and a coach bag.

if your in a professional environment and you could careless what people are saying, than power to the people, do what you want, but in my stupid world, advancement runs on impression and even a tie or socks can say a lot of a person.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Stop the bickering - Please stay on the topic without having the discussion take on a personal tone.

andyb12

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
maine
got it on sale, insane price

i just wanted to update, i got this bag on sale the other day, almost half price. they said it was a sample model but it has nothing wrong with it. i already own their Darwin bag and that is great for when you need something big, but this honen 478 is a medium size briefcase. it fits my mac book perfectly. with no sleeve!!! the thick English bridle leather this is made from is more than enough protection. believe it or not it is also very light. like i said i got it on sale $250, i doubt he has anymore but you could try.

Attachments

• jp-marcellino-478-01.jpg
    jp-marcellino-478-01.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 217
  • jp-marcellino-478-02.jpg
    jp-marcellino-478-02.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 231
  • jp-marcellino-478-03_1.jpg
    jp-marcellino-478-03_1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 270
  • jp-marcellino-compare-03_3.jpg
    jp-marcellino-compare-03_3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 521
  • jp-marcellino-478-04.jpg
    jp-marcellino-478-04.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 213
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.