Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
I don't think there are any devices out yet compatible with it....but I do not know for sure. I do know the apps they pulled won't be out until next month now.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Doesn't seem to be working. Health app was showing recorded steps on my 5s but not on my 6.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
you have to go into the health app. click health data/fitness/steps/ show on dashboard. turn it on so its green. Do the same with walking and distance. Then look in dashboard

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
you have to go into the health app. click health data/fitness/steps/ show on dashboard. turn it on so its green. Do the same with walking and distance. Then look in dashboard

and also for Flights climbed. I'm getting data like this.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I have already toggled steps, calories, etc to show on the dashboard but no data is being recorded what so ever on any of them.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
privacy/system settings/motion calibration

whats this? mine is on. I didn't have it in ios7. Not that I remember.

iPhoney Baloney

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014

Thanks for that.:cool: I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how it works.

tazdevl

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
I agree but some people ARE getting data like "steps" recorded.

Mine, nothing.

My iPhone 6 is tracking steps in the health app. Just opened the app and data noticed was being recorded.

Does it make sense to report 6 vs 6+ to see if it's enabled on one vs the other?

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Mine was accurate. I had it in my pack for a six mile trail run this morning and it had me at 7 miles and change (counting usage before, getting to the trail, etc).

Curious to see how it tracks cycling tomorrow.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Mine was accurate. I had it in my pack for a six mile trail run this morning and it had me at 7 miles and change (counting usage before, getting to the trail, etc).

Curious to see how it tracks cycling tomorrow.

Hmm i hope mine gets more accurate haha. Did 10.5 mile run this am and it recoreded 8.69. Bit random

----------

On another not i cant wait to see what is compatible to use to track everything.. Makes me want to go out and get a machine that measures my blood haha

bsteels

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Resolved!

So glad someone else is experiencing this! Thought maybe it was just me, or that I was going crazy.

Same exact problem. Everything is configured as it should be (as far as I know). Have triple verified. Have made sure everything suggested here is on/enabled or has been tried.

My iPhone 5s was showing my steps no problem. Had been around 5,000 steps per day over the last week. Then I switched to my 6 yesterday and it shows 21 steps. Today: 0 steps. Even though I took several long walks with my phone in my pocket. Same exact kinds of walks I had been taking with my 5s.

Getting really frustrated! The elevation stats aren't being recorded either.

Did I get a faulty M8 chip?

EDIT:
Ok, so immediately after posting, the issue has resolved and it populated data for today. I'm not sure what fixed it (or if it's permanently fixed) but steps I took right before it was fixed were:

- Hard reset (again)
- Settings, iCloud, Share My Location, On, From: This Device (it had previously been set to my iPad)
- Settings, Privacy, Location Services, System Services, Motion Calibration (was on, toggled off and then back on)
- Hard reset (yet again)
- Health, shake my device over and over to simulate steps to see if anything would happen
- Boom, steps data appeared.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.