Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julienbecker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2021
Hi,

I’ve just upgraded my flashed 4,1, Opemcore 0.70 on my system disk which is an SSD in a OWC caddy, with two lidless X5690. When I start the machine Iget the chime and the Apple logo and then nothing happens.
@tsialex kindly suggested to NVRAM 4 times, which I did, still the same.
Any clues ? Thanks a lot.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
There are too much unknowns here, start booting a fully supported macOS release with an AppleOEM GPU and a minimal hardware config.

After you get it working, you can start to complicate things.

julienbecker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2021
Ok I just took out the CPU tray to tighten the screws on the heat sinks, first I was afraid of tightening them too much. I also just put left one 4 gig RAMstick per CPU and now it works :)
I guess it was the screws, I will try now with the other Ram sticks in it. Thanks again @tsialex, your help is so precious !

Now I have another question, I have this problem for a while, already before CPU upgrade. When I boot my screen is green (oc bootloader and apple logo) until I get the login page. I guess it's related to the RX580. How can I check the health of the graphic card ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.