Mac Ads are Bias

Discussion in 'macOS' started by StateCCM, Mar 31, 2008.

1. StateCCM macrumors member

does anyone else agree?

the only time my PC crashed is when i overclocked my Intel Pentium 4 up to 6 GHz using a liquid nitrogen cpu cooling a couple years ago. (yeah it was a pretty stupid thing to do)

Some Macs do come with trial software

and Mac OS X just like vista needs your permission before you install something (which i dont have a problem with)

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Wait, you mean an advertiser will protray their products in the most positive light in comparison to their competitors?!

SAY IT AIN'T SO! :eek:

:rolleyes:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Ads are biased by their nature

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. StateCCM thread starter macrumors member

its stupid how they point out flaws in windows, but those flaws are also on the mac.

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Well durr they are adverts...

although you say about crashes, I haven't had Windows crash on me as much as it seems to crash on my friend's PCs (just because they don't look after them) but it's still unstable in comparison to OS X in my experience...

6. match311 macrumors member

The trial software I got on my macbook pro was... Microsoft Office :p:rolleyes:

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

No I wouldn't say so. 114,00 viruses targeting Windows (I believe the figure is actually much higher than that now) and none for OS X.

Also, Windows based PCs do tend to be bogged down with crappy trial software, whilst Macs only tend to come with 2-3 trial apps on them (counting the Microsoft Office suite as 1 app, which it kinda is).

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Find me an advertisement that isn't biased.

Oh wait, you probably can't.

9. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah, and Apple doesn't charge you to have it removed beforehand (cough Sony)

10. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yea they are biased, but what ad isn't?! I found it rather ironic when Office 2004 for Mac spontaneously quit while I was finishing up an essay for school, and it brought the Ellen Feiss ad to mind...

11. andy.barron macrumors 6502

I think those other ad's are biased also, you know the ones, all of them!:)

12. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you mean they unfairly portray Windows PCs or that they make false advertisement. For them to be biased simply means that they advocate a certain position (e.g. that Macs are better; almost all advertisements advocate the position that their product or service is superior). Being unjust or unfair or advertising falsely (e.g. making factually incorrect statements about either their own or the competitors' products) is a different matter entirely. Almost all commercials are biased; particularly in the developed world, fewer commercials engage in deliberately false advertisement, although it does happen.

P.S. How long have you been studying English, and what's your native language, out of curiosity? You should keep up with it! Learning new languages is great. :)

14. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Some of them are funny, while some come off as presumptuous. I bought a Macbook in spite of those ads; certainly not because of them.

15. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Funny me, I always thought ads were biased.

Can you imagine a company launching an ad for their new XYZ device, only to say, that their XYZ sucked and company B's version is much better?

Don't think you'll ever see that happen.

16. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

ROTFL. HAHAHAHAHHA :p:p:p

17. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Sony stopped charging for that after like 1 day and it was only limited to one country, and youre right apple doesnt charge you to remove it, they simply wont remove it at all.

18. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

apple said 114,000. Bogus numbers since its mostly malwares and adwares if you actually read the source.

You believe the figure is actually much higher now? where is your data? how many active virus for vista?

If you don't know, maybe do some search first?
    for a computer technology company, its pretty rare to lie like apple, so blatantly.

19. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i couldn't stop laughing at this point and realized this thread must be an early april fools joke.

20. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

LOL! This is the best April Fools thread I've read so far, as well as the only April Fools thread I've read so far (in case that wasn't obvious). :)

21. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

You didn't get iWork on there? What about Aperture (I believe that is the one I'm thinking of)? I also got MS Office too as a trial.

22. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Thankfully that's *all* OS X needs your permission for (ok, aside from Onyx, which asks once in awhile too) -- Vista is hardcore asking your permission on trivial stuff, and that's what gets annoying :)

-Bryan

23. illuminous macrumors member

24. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

25. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Where is your data for this statement.

And what exactly has Apple lied about?