Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
So I was shopping at the local Goodwill Outlet today, and came across this wonder!

IMG_3559.JPG
IMG_3560.JPG

It's sealed completely still, apparently someone thought it was a good idea to donate a $99 subscription they bought sometime after 2005. :p Good thing it requires 10.3.9 or later! ;D

I wish the sticker for the price wasn't on it, since it would be hard to remove without tearing the plastic. Any idea if these are worth anything anywhere now? I couldn't find any on eBay in a quick search, but ".Mac" isn't easy to search for anyway. :p

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
You’re always so cheerful and enthusiastic about everything. It’s really refreshing and it’s very hard to be miserable when I read one of your posts.

Just a general thank you. Booze talking I guess.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
I used to stump up the £50 a year for a .Mac account - packed it in when their email servers were regularly down.
My family had the Family pack from (maybe even iTools?) .Mac all the way until iCloud was announced. I felt so ahead of the times being able to use iDisk and iPhoto sharing back then. :p

Reactions: artfossil

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
So I was shopping at the local Goodwill Outlet today, and came across this wonder!

View attachment 775072 View attachment 775073

It's sealed completely still, apparently someone thought it was a good idea to donate a $99 subscription they bought sometime after 2005. :p Good thing it requires 10.3.9 or later! ;D

I wish the sticker for the price wasn't on it, since it would be hard to remove without tearing the plastic. Any idea if these are worth anything anywhere now? I couldn't find any on eBay in a quick search, but ".Mac" isn't easy to search for anyway. :p

Nice find! And I find the original price sticker gives it that extra indefinable quality - that je ne sais quoi.

Reactions: Slix

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2011
Not sure if it's worth anything or not (.Mac is impossible to search for! A few people look to be trying to sell the MobileMe box for "collector" prices though) but definitely a cool addition to an Apple collection either way - can't be that common as most people probably didn't keep the box after activating their subscription.

Reactions: Slix

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2016
I wonder if a few drops of something like goobegone through the back of the label would be enough to loosen the adhesive so you could pull it off?

Neat find!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.