Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Mac 'Conversation' Misquote

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

This is why context is so important. Many things are taken out of context. Though I do agree that a product like this would be interesting.

Comment

sccaldwell

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2003
Cramer was simply describing iChat AV, and not a new Apple product.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Cramer's a loud-mouthed moron, who simply spews whatever he thinks will draw viewers. Best thing anyone can do to improve their stock portfolio is to ignore whatever is said by Cramer and every other "professional stock analyst."

Comment

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I've heard about a new revolutionary feature of OSX code-named New Revolutionary Feature. I'm sorry, I can't reveal anything more about this, but trust me, it will be revolutionary. And new!

Comment

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Cramer's a loud-mouthed moron, who simply spews whatever he thinks will draw viewers. Best thing anyone can do to improve their stock portfolio is to ignore whatever is said by Cramer and every other "professional stock analyst."
Cramer is an admitted stock manipulator that uses his public profile to drive rumours that fuel (or conversely destroy), the value of stocks he is currently trading in. This statement by him is 100% bullsh*t.

Given that "sell on news" is standard advice and likely to happen right after the upcoming financial report, it seems like he is just trying to drive the (currently rising) Apple stock up "with a bullet" so he can make that much more money when he sells after the upcoming report is released.

The sad thing is that despite their illegality, such stock manipulation tactics are common and always work because if there is one thing you can count on, it's that the general population is both easily manipulated and dumb as sh*t.

Comment

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I've heard about a new revolutionary feature of OSX code-named New Revolutionary Feature. I'm sorry, I can't reveal anything more about this, but trust me, it will be revolutionary. And new!

Last I heard, they changed the code name to Sliced Bread.

Comment

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So, then, I think this is the next step.

Apple insider, IJ Reilly, announced today that Apple has a new OSX project, code-named Revolutionary™. The product will hit shelves in approximately two months and change the way governments are formed and managed forever, bringing the exciting ability to conduct your own coups d'état to the desktop for the first time.

Comment

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Apple insider, IJ Reilly, announced today that Apple has a new OSX project, code-named Revolutionary™. The product will hit shelves in approximately two months and change the way governments are formed and managed forever, bringing the exciting ability to conduct your own coups d'état to the desktop for the first time.

I can also say that it will make your teeth whiter than white, pending FCC approval, of course.

Comment

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Unfortunately, I was one of the people that sent this in to MR. After viewing the original Cramer segment, it was obvious what he was talking about. "The Street" blew it big time. Having said that, I certainly don't mind Cramer sending AAPL skyward, since I'm holding several hundred shares at the moment. The next few days will be interesting.

Comment

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I feel sorry for the lady who has to interview him.

It's hard to actually work out what he is trying to say, he's loud, obnoxious a flits all over the place.

Comment

peterlobl

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Philadelphia
just watched the video and I don't know what in blazes Cramer is talking about...
and the interviewer made some nose picking comment - which Cramer looked disgusted by --- i didn't get that either..

usually his stock "picks" give a temp boost - and therefafter they are harbingers of doom.

hope he has no neg effect here

Comment

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
just watched the video and I don't know what in blazes Cramer is talking about...
and the interviewer made some nose picking comment - which Cramer looked disgusted by --- i didn't get that either..

Completely agree about Cramer. The nose picking comment was in reference to the fact that picking your nose whilst video conferencing is not the best look!

usually his stock "picks" give a temp boost - and therefafter they are harbingers of doom.

Two words: Bear Sterns! :D

Comment

balwx

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2007
Experienced investors know not to listen to anything this clown says...

Comment

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I watched the clip. Basically he is saying analysts don't know about the Mac, and that it's going to be a huge success like the iPod because you can use it to do video conferencing over televisions (I assume mirroring the Mac's video on a TV while using iChat).

Keep talking, maybe some combination of words will make sense and be true at some point!

Comment

JNB

macrumors 604
Cupertino (PRNewswire),

Reliable sources (100% ex post facto accuracy) stated today that while the Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) project currently codenamed "Revolutionary™" provides yet-unseen real-time communications capabilities, this will be the new government standard for secure communications, presumably including the TSA. As part of the TSA's planned subsumation of all intra-continental travel within the US, this will allow for the instantaneous transmittal of traveler data. The source (speculated but unconfirmed as one "IJ Reilly") also indicated a widespread medical application, presumably part of the CDC's competition with the TSA in the inoculation of the populace in preface to the coming alien invasion. Indications are that the dental arena will be the venue for the initial rollout. NBC, CBS, and Fox are rumored to be part of this portion of the implementation, bringing HD-quality broadcasts to the mouths of millions (iMouth™). The iMouth will also provide PVR-like capabilities for conversations and vision to be stored via Bluetooth connection to the users' iPhone, and forwarded via 3G (or WiFi, where available) to the TSA, informing them of the user's whereabouts, and thus completing the preposterous circle.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.