Mac Double Printing -- Anyone looking for a challenge?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dandaman2, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dandaman2 macrumors regular

I have a one-sided wireless printer, and a want to print double sided. Currently I print a page at a time -- odds then evens -- running back and forth between my macbook on the couch or in the kitchen to the printer in the home office. Works great for two-three page documents, but it gets a little tiring at six pages or more. I am not a scripter or a developer in any way, but for awhile I've toyed with the idea of a small, single-window application, probably based on applescripts, to do this for me -- I just have to select the doc I want to print. There's probably a number of ways to do this -- under services menu, a standalone app, maybe even a printer driver, though that might be a bit more of a challenge. Either way, if someone's got some extra time and wouldn't mind hooking a less technically skilled brother up, by all means, go ahead.

Oh, and if there's a way to do this -- an already existing application Google never found, something built into the OS, etc... that would be great.

Also, I'm not commissioning anything... I'm looking for some quality freeware for the good of the mac community. Thanks!

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

You should be able to print out all the odds, reload the printer with those pages, then print all the even pages (you probably also need to reverse the printing order - which is also an option in the print dialog). Both options should be found by selecting "Paper Handling" from the pop-up menu in the Print dialog.

Attached Files:

3. dandaman2 thread starter macrumors regular