Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wisco123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2014
I am trying to look for my steam folder things. I found the application support and whatever and click steam apps, then click on my account name, but the folder is empty and it isn't showing everything. Please help!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I am trying to look for my steam folder things. I found the application support and whatever and click steam apps, then click on my account name, but the folder is empty and it isn't showing everything. Please help!

Are there games installed and you currently playing on Mac Steam?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes i am trying to edit some things for CS GO. It is installed as well as L4D2 and Dota2

I just checked my Steam folder located in library>Steam>Steam Apps>Common folder. There are apps in there!

I did have to make the library folder visible by searching for it under Help: Search. If those things are not visible, I'm not sure of a good next step. I might suggest remove steam, remove the steam folder and install from scratch, but hopefully someone who know more than me has a better idea! :)

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004

Just use Properties option when selecting the game in Steam client ands use the "Browse Local Files" option in the "Local files" tab. That will always work no matter is you have a custom installation location or not.

Edwin

epikarren

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2016

I'm on Yosemite right now and my apps are scattered. Some are not in my Steam folder and some are...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.