Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Regan

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2021
Same problem here in Bergen, Norway. Mac Pro early 2009, El Capitan 10.11.6, Apple Mail 9.3 from 2016. Called Apple Support and suddenly - 20 min. later it is working again :cool:
Looks like the call from tonye63 in Norway kickstarted the the server again. Thanks Tonye63!

Reactions: sparkie7

jhepburn

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2021
UK
Out of the blue my Mac Mail on my Mac Pro 2008 running El Capitan is not allowing incoming email with the following error....

"Account Error > ALERT: Unable to Connect

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “iCloud” or try again.

The server returned the error: Connections to the server “p71-imap.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out."

I have tried deleting my iCloud account and adding it back on. I know the password is correct as all the other icloud apps are working and updating eg. Notes for example

I have also tried shutting down, pulling out the power, turning back on with Option + Command + P + R to reset the PRAM. But still the same error. Any ideas how to fix this?
mine just started working again....

Reactions: sparkie7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.