Mac Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deadguy8, Nov 26, 2010.

1. deadguy8 macrumors newbie

My Mail program will not let me add a Yahoo! account. I have added my gmail account but I keep getting an error when trying to add Yahoo!. Is there some reason that I cannot add Yahoo! or something I need to do to add it? I just got my MacBook Pro today and it is my first Mac. Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do you have a Yahoo Plus account? IIRC standard Yahoo accounts don't work.

3. dissolve macrumors 6502a

It's a lame practice, but this is true. You'll have to upgrade (and pay the subscription fee) or move to a different client. I'm pretty sure you can't even set up mail forwarding without paying.

4. deadguy8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, lame is the only way to describe this. Thanks for the responses.

5. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Woah! Great news- it can be done:)

Gave up trying to do this a while ago, but recently there was a very helpful response on this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050334&highlight= which works and means you don't have to upgrade (bad, bad, yahoo!:mad:). Anyway when setting up mac mail the crux of the matter is to remove the "plus" from the "Incoming Mail Server" chain.

Bit of tinkering but it can be done and very worthwhile persisting. Good luck, and well done that man!

6. Sir Loin Steak macrumors 6502

Sir Loin Steak

No, I can't seem to do it. I just keep getting the same messages, and nothing showing "plus" that I could remove as suggested.

7. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Okay here are some screenshots. You aren't seeing this?

Attached Files:

8. Kyffin macrumors 6502

After you've set it up like Dalton63841 suggests, you should be able to see this in Mail>Preferences>Accounts

Attached Files: