Mac mimi update unlikely?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by theRAMman, Jul 24, 2012.

1. theRAMman macrumors regular

We have all been hoping for a late July release, wich seems unlikely now due to the complete lack of any kinds of rumors about the type. The last rumor on this we page about the mini was from the keynote this year! So is it possible we will have to wait for the mini to be updated next year with the pro?

2. theRAMman thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I've been dreading. I need to get a computer by the end of this year, and ive been holding out for a new mini. I will be dissopointed if they don't release one this year

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's both unlikely and anti-consumer. You guys are drinking the wrong kool-aid this time. If nothing else, Apple has dragged their feet long enough on usb3. That alone warrants an update.

4. szolr macrumors 6502

Any possibility of Apple discontinuing the Mini? I mean, when Jobs returned to Apple he killed off all products bar two desktops and two laptops. Half of the products were for pro users; half were for consumers. The White Macbook's gone. Maybe the Mini's going to drop out of the race? :confused:

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Later today ;)

6. theRAMman, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

theRAMman thread starter macrumors regular

If they are released later today I will cry with happiness

7. ivnj macrumors 65816

I went to frys and got the 2.3 i5 version today for 529. But call ahead just to make sure. They do hold it with a credit card.

8. michaelant macrumors regular

michaelant

I just have to say that the typo "Mac mimi" is hilarious and is making me smile.

Apple's new anthropomorphized and cuddly Mac.

9. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Considering that in 2011 the MBP was updated in February and then the Mini was updated in July, even though it uses the exact same parts, don't you guys think it's a bit early to start with the hysteria and the sounding of the death bell for the mini?

Desktops brought in a 1/3 of the revenue for Apple's Mac division so it would be stupid to throw that away. Apple isn't being run by stupid people, so I am not sure why people come up with this hysterical scaremongering?

10. VelfarreClubber macrumors member

http://support.apple.com/specs/#macmini

I'm guessing a early August or late October update.

It better have a decent video card to run Starcraft 2 on 1920 x 1080 resolution, hopefully not the Intel HD 4000.

11. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

If the 13" MBP had a dedicated GPU like the 15" I'd buy that, I'm tired of waiting for the new mini and I'm not paying 2012 prices for 2011 tech with the 2011 mini. My 2008 MBP is getting toooo slow!

12. theRAMman thread starter macrumors regular

It comes with an internal speaker and since when has 500gb HHd been inadequate?

13. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

most likely he means that the stock 5400 rpm 500 gb hdd is slow.

14. theRAMman thread starter macrumors regular