Mac-mini (mid 2007)

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by thebonster, Nov 9, 2017.

1. thebonster macrumors newbie

thebonster

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and I was wondering. Is it possible to upgrade my mac mini to Mt. Lion? I would like to have 4G of RAM and bolster up the processor to a whopping 2.33G. I had one in there before but for some odd reason, it burnt up. :( I would be very happy with that being that the graphics aren't too good with Mavericks, I would settle for Mt. Lion. Hope everyone's in good spirits, good to belong in the group. Take care of yourselves!!

thebonster

2. adam9c1 macrumors 68000

adam9c1

Back in the day I did flash the firmware, update the CPU and hack using another machine to access and change the device model.
    At the end of the day the video card was the biggest culprit. It simply was not powerful enough.

Swapping the CPU in the mini is pretty cool. I don't think I would want to do this now.

3. SergueiTemp macrumors newbie

I have mid 2007 mini with 4 gb of memory and Mountain Lion installed. Runs fine, but bit slow as you'd expect from old machine. And I wonder if it runs faster with Lion installed? I didn't have time to check the difference as I already got it with ML installed.

4. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22