Mac Mini Server Connection Error on Startup

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by kkachurak, Dec 28, 2011.

1. kkachurak macrumors regular

Hello - I'm running 10.6.8. on my Mac Mini which I'm using as a media center PC. On boot, once I see Finder, I get this error message (see picture):

[​IMG]

I must acknowledge this before OS X will proceed with startup. Being that this HTPC also automates my home, this is quite cumbersome.

This is the interesting part. Once the system starts up and I play around with the Internet, or the Time Capsule, I have no issues at all connecting. So, has anyone had any experience with this startup error message?

2. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

Yeah I get a similar message with my NAS from synology . the connection drops once or twice a month. how do you make the connection?
    I use cat 5 wire

3. kkachurak thread starter macrumors regular

I use cat5, also. I figured it would be "less buggy" than wireless. So I went to all the effort to install a 100 foot line from the Time Capsule base station to where the Mac Mini sits below the HDTV. So much for "less buggy".

I've also noticed my MacBook drop connection sometimes. To get it back, I have to switch off Airport and switch back on. I restarted the Time Capsule this morning and have not noticed the dropped WiFi yet, but the Mac Mini still exhibits the same error on boot consistently.