Mac of all trades

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TofSanity, Aug 2, 2017.

1. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Has anyone ordered from Mac of all trades? are they legit? etc... thanks

2. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

Yes, they are legit. I have not bought from them for any of my mac purchases but know a few people that have. They have been around a while. I would just recommend you bring anything you buy into the Apple Store for a full review. They can do multiple tests that are more in-depth compared with the user hardware test. From a quick review of the website, there is a 90 day warranty and you have 1 week to return if you change your mind.

3. Bollockser macrumors regular

Theyre egregiously overpriced, and you don't get to see the actual unit youre purchasing.
    Find someone on eBay with a 100% seller rating, you can get a lot more for your money.

4. chscag macrumors 68000

Avoid eBay and Mac of All Trades. The best place to buy used is from Apple themselves at their on line refurbished store. Everything they sell comes with a full one year warranty and Apple Care can be added. You can usually save around 15% by shopping there.

5. MSastre macrumors regular

MSastre

Totally agree. Safest bet on a used Mac.

6. McRumour macrumors member

Wouldn't purchase from them as can do better elsewhere - but it's excellent for re-selling your used Apple devices.
    I did a ton of research and comparisons before recently selling a MacBook Pro to them.
    They beat all other offers and were a pleasure to deal with.

7. HippyRabbitFish macrumors member

HippyRabbitFish

I can't speak to eBay and Mac of All Trades, but I have direct experience, good, with the Apple Certified Refurbished store.

22% discount on the certified refurbished Apple store for my mid-2012 13" non-Retina 2.5 i5 MBP. AppleCare+ added. Upgraded RAM and added SSD. Absolutely zero buyer's remorse here.

The reliability and stability factor of Apple certified refurb plus AppleCare+ gives me peace for at least the next few years. This machine is a tank, which is exactly what I was going for. The 22% is probably the maximum discount you would see from Apple in the Certified Refurbished store.

8. TofSanity thread starter macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Thanks for all the replies. I am really just looking to get a CHEAP Mac for my wife. She will ONLY use PCs and I am replacing them every two years. I thought if I found one, say a 2010 iMac, she wouldn't be so against an Apple computer and start seeing how great they are compared to her Dells lol. She won't use my MacBook Pro, so you know. So just looking for CHEAP

9. scottrngr macrumors member

If you want cheap, find a Mac mini that you can use with your current monitor. A 2010 iMac probably won't be supported by Apple much longer.

10. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I just sold to CashforyourMac and they beat Mac of all trades by a mile.
    Like almost double.

11. McRumour macrumors member

Ha! That's interesting/instructive...
    Goes to show that in the end YMMV.
    That was one of the many sites I'd compared before settling on Mac of all Trades.
    Guess what the trade-in sites offer depends on how they're assessing the re-sale market at any given time for any given model, and how easily they can obtain that particular model.
    In my case the price difference was substantial: $80.95 as compared to $315!

12. mdb1963 macrumors newbie

mdb1963

Here was my experience.

I emailed them 2 years ago to ask if I upgraded the ram in a machine i was purchasing would they send me the old ram that was in a machine? never heard from them and them out of the blue this year got an automated em,ail every month saying someone would respond to me shortly.

Then last week I had an imac in my cart and was thinking of buying. Today they send me an insulting email saying they were removing me from their email list because I never take action on them or view them! what the hell? I will never buy from them now and judging by some other reviews they seem to be somewhat shady.

13. TofSanity thread starter macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Thanks for that information. i had decided to not purchase, regardless, now i know to remove them as a potential source for a future purchase of any sort.