Mac OS 10.14.5 Update Causing Freezing

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by -Ray-, May 15, 2019.

1. -Ray- macrumors regular

-Ray-

Updated to 10.14.5 this morning. Since doing so my laptop has been hard freezing and restarting. This has happened twice so far. Also connectivity with bluetooth and my external monitor keeps dropping.

MacBook Pro 15 (2018) with 2.2ghz I7 and 32GB Ram

2. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Are you using any type of USB-C dock? There's already a thread about this.

3. -Ray- thread starter macrumors regular

-Ray-

Yes I am. Can you link me please?

4. Jaake macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing same issue after updating my iMac 27" 5K 2019 from 10.14.4 using combo update. Here is a screenshots I've got during boot in Verbose mode

notice "pci pause: SDXC" and "kextd stall[0], (60s): `AppleACPICPU`, `GFX0`," and so on errors :mad:

IMG_4070.JPG

.. sometimes a screen like this appear and then iMac reboots just to freeze again
    IMG_4071.JPG

Any help is appreciated!

5. a-v-k macrumors newbie

I've got another issue. Update was successful, but first reboot caused problems. Apple logo was displayed for hours. Friend of mine suggested to run Verbose Mode which showed "failed to unwrap meta crypto state". Thanks to him and search the solution was found. Boot into recovery with Cmd+R, launch Terminal, execute code (replace X with your drive number), reboot.

Code:
    diskutil apfs list
    diskutil apfs unlockVolume diskXs1
    diskutil apfs updatePreboot diskXs1 -od /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default
    Maybe it will be helpful for someone.

6. Honza1 macrumors 6502

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mac-os-10-14-4-freezes.2175025/

But if this happens all the time, reinstall in place using Combo update (as suggested earlier) is the right first step. May be something did not install right. Happens sometimes and reinstall helped me before. It is also the least destructive and annoying step there is.

7. edw0rd macrumors newbie

I was having similar issues, I deleted com.apple.quicklook.helper in the ~Library/Containers folder, rebooted and everything seems to be working now