Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use iSync?

• Yes, with my phone.

Votes: 154 43.6%
  • Yes, with my PDA.

Votes: 19 5.4%
  • Yes, with both my Phone and PDA.

Votes: 22 6.2%
  • No, but I would if my device was supported.

Votes: 105 29.7%
  • No, and I don't anticipate ever needing to.

Votes: 53 15.0%

• Total voters

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
7on said:
Hopefully the v710 motorola BT sync will finally be supported. I hate hacking the plist everytime. :mad:

its not that our phone isnt supported. its that the phone is Crippeled from Verizon. Hopefully you got in on the Lawsuit. YOu cana sync with a cord but just not the bluetooth

hokullani

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2006
???

Does any one remember if when they made the transition from panther to tiger do you have to pay for the new one or is it a download??

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I was overjoyed to find that my Sony Ericsson S710a is fully supported. I now keep my entire datebook on my phone, and all my contacts are standardized and contain all the information I'll need when I'm on the go. It has saved me from having to keep my Palm Tungsten T5 with me at all times. I'd be even happier if the sync included pictures, however.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
my (fairly) new Sony Ericsson Z520i syncs much better than the Sony Ericsson T68i it replaced.

Same here. But can you send SMS from address book with your Z520i like you used to with the T68i? Mine does not send, although the software looks like everything is ok.

Have to test again once the 10.4.7 has been installed. Might be a bug. I haven't checked if the proper bluetooth profile is supported or not :rolleyes: *lazy*

rspress

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Northern California
I live to sync!

I use iSync and dotmac Sync all the time. I back up all the included dotmac options once a week. I also keep my Razr via Bluetooth, iPod via dock and PDA via cradle synced with each other. This way my iCal and Address Book are always within reach of at least one device I have with me, often two devices. It is also on my dotmac site so all my internet devices have access to it as well.

It would be great if Apple added more ease of use features to iCal and updated iPhoto to download pictures from my Razr via bluetooth.

BTW. I bet Apple will release 10.4.7 on 6-13-06.:cool:

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I have a camera phone with a resolution of 352x288 pixles (>0.1 mpx). It's a Siemens MC60. If it supported BT or USB, and had a decent camera, I'd probabbly use iSync.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
ErikGrim said:
bring back the oneclick sync to both .Mac and phone

I don't care about dotmac unless they make it radically cheaper. Currently it's radically overpriced for what it has to offer; one way to make the pricing more attractive would be to include one year of dotmac subscription into iLife suite.

But $99 for dotmac and $79 for iLife (software that utilizes dotmac for nice additional features) means $178 yearly fee for using the latest Apple features -- and that is not including OSX upgrades.

Are people really buying that?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Josias said:
I have a camera phone with a resolution of 352x288 pixles (>0.1 mpx). It's a Siemens MC60. If it supported BT or USB, and had a decent camera, I'd probabbly use iSync.

Well, Apple certainly can't fix that in its new update....

Bad Beaver

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Yeah, more support for fashion victims! :rolleyes:

Apple really needs to get down to business with iSync. I have an elderly SE P800 which would finally start to sync well with the advent of Tiger's iSync that would install an app on the phone itself. But well does not mean sufficiently. Apple should realize that say iCal offers different calendars (say "private", "business", "kids", "birthdays"), and many phones have that feature too. It is very nice since these all have different colors and are therefore easily identified. But do we get these categories to sync? No way. This is a very basic thing and I wonder why it still does not work. Seeing that certain phones won't even sync address-book pictures makes one realize how ridiculously basic iSync still is.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Some_Big_Spoon said:
Whadya'll think about Apple providing MissingSync-like support for Windows Mobile? iSync 3? :cool:

I want the contact and scheduling lists in my HP Win-based PDA supported. A lot of people would be happy about this judging by the discussions in the Mac forum at Parallels' site.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Some_Big_Spoon said:
Whadya'll think about Apple providing MissingSync-like support for Windows Mobile? iSync 3? :cool:

I think it's somewhat unlikely, seeing as they're endorsing Missing Sync on the iSync pages...

iBrow

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2006
England
johnthevulcan said:
WHATS ISYNC:confused: :confused: :confused:

iSync

Apple said:
iSync makes it even easier to make and keep your appointments. That’s because iSync 2, Apple’s hot synchronising software — now included with Mac OS X Tiger — works with more than thirty mobile phone models and your PDA.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
JFreak said:
Same here. But can you send SMS from address book with your Z520i like you used to with the T68i? Mine does not send, although the software looks like everything is ok.
That's exactly what happened to me, too. All looked OK, but the message never arrived at its destination.

But, since I don't really need the feature (I send SMSs from a free, on-line site ;)) I just thought "meh" and forgot about it.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I'd like to see the bluetooth part of it work properly. I can sync with the cable but not via bluetooth. I also have a supposedly supported phone (SLVR) but bluetooth just will not work at all with my mac. So I have a really cool phone with half its features I cant use as well as a $30 BT dongle that is useless. :( Even bluetooth file transfer doesnt work - thats what i wanted to use the most. :(

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
stuartluff said:
I'd like to see the bluetooth part of it work properly. I can sync with the cable but not via bluetooth. I also have a supposedly supported phone (SLVR) but bluetooth just will not work at all with my mac. So I have a really cool phone with half its features I cant use as well as a $30 BT dongle that is useless. :( Even bluetooth file transfer doesnt work - thats what i wanted to use the most. :(

I personally think this is due to the phone, my housemate had one and whenever we tried to connect to it via bluetooth, be it from the computer or another phone, the phone would completly freeze until the connection was stopped. Just another example of motorola crap phones.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
xUKHCx said:
I personally think this is due to the phone, my housemate had one and whenever we tried to connect to it via bluetooth, be it from the computer or another phone, the phone would completly freeze until the connection was stopped. Just another example of motorola crap phones.

I contacted Motorola about this and they said it was to do with Apple however hundreds of people on the Apple Discussion boards (myself included) believe its to do with Motorola not using the correct protocols. But Im making the point here just incase it is something to do with Apple. :)

But lets not get off subject :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.