Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
I was thinking that if Apple is pushing for 10.4.11 to be released in August, there is conceivably enough time for one last Tiger update before Leopard is out. I wonder if a nice even 10.4.12 is more fulfilling than 10.4.11?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Am I the only person who has zero problems with 10.4.10?

I don't know what fixes .11 could provide me with - apart from the usual security update malarkey.

I guess it'll probably just be fixing the majority of problems that .10 gave others, although some newer video drivers for the GF GPU's would be nice. I still get stutters when playing something as simple as GL Golf.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I was thinking that if Apple is pushing for 10.4.11 to be released in August, there is conceivably enough time for one last Tiger update before Leopard is out. I wonder if a nice even 10.4.12 is more fulfilling than 10.4.11?

.12 could come out after Leopard is released - Apple still provides fixes for out of date OS's, and Tiger won't be an exception.

RCGMac

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Only problem I have had with .10 is this past weekend I was traveling and was trying to use Airport with just battery power and got a KP. First one ever but I got 2 in 2 days! :(

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
.12 could come out after Leopard is released - Apple still provides fixes for out of date OS's, and Tiger won't be an exception.
I don't believe Apple has every provided a major update that requires a version number change once a new version is released. If Apple follows tradition, if there is a 10.4.12, then it will be released prior to Leopard. After Leopard, Tiger will continue to be updated, but only with security packs that don't change 10.4.x. This is probably a protective measure on their part since if they change core features and mess something up, they probably don't want to dedicate the resources to fix it.

mergatroidal

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2007
New York
I believe the wording ...

for all these updates should be: Perfecting the Product. :)

To keep our minds focused on the task at hand we should establish terminology so as to foster a more productive, corporate :apple: boardroom, sterile and politically correct frame of mind. Unless fertility is a "big" issue in the subconscious departments of everyone, we should all agree that Apple "seeds" are "stretching" "things" a "bit."

I mean, Steve could only keep the iPhone in the R&D stage for so long. Odd there is no Cut and Paste features, and whether these features had anything to do with "perfecting the product" I'm confident we'll read about it somewhere, at some future date.

Whatever! :D

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004

I think we will see 10.4.12 as well after the release of Leopard. And im sure it will be the last Tiger Release.

seashellz

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2004
>> wonder if a nice even 10.4.12 is more fulfilling than 10.4.11?

Better taste, less filling.

Seemed there was only one small issue left in the last seed of 10.4.11-Fri-Sat?

And yah, maybe a 10.4.12-will be bridge between Tiger and Leopard

remember class:
etc.

rosh325

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
In the ether
I really hope this fixes airport as well. I just had to do an archive and Install to get rid of that horrible airport update, and even now, things just aren't as great as when it was 10.4.9

It's useless to post bugfix reports here and expecting Apple to have them fixed. You may have more success if you go to http://bugreport.apple.com

I most certainly agree with this. Think about how many times we've been told by geniuses "I've never heard of that problem before" despite the large number of users posting.

For non-ADC persons such as myself, I recommend sending a problem via the macbookpro feedback site. The genius I brought my MBP to said that it would get passed onto the engineers (though who knows whether that is true or not)
http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
I hope they fix the External Hard Drive not read/freeze problem because the rollback/hack does not work for me, worst is now all my memory sticks do not work.

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
Yep, I hope it's going to solve my USB problems (and who knows, maybe my Address Book/iPod sync problems as well)

One can dream :rolleyes:

I hope they fix the External Hard Drive not read/freeze problem because the rollback/hack does not work for me, worst is now all my memory sticks do not work.

Hey that's my USB problems! ^^

torchwood04

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Wow, I did not expect 10.4.11 so soon to be released (I know not now, but it's getting very closer), when 10.4.10 came out, I knew there'd be a .11, so I still think there will be a 10.4.12, as the gap is still long. Remember, we still have 2 months until Leopard.. I do hope 10.4.12 includes the final version of Safari 3, so to simplify reinstallation on my G3 and Intel mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.