Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has fixed some issues with Time Machine and AFP X Client and bumped Mac OS X 10.5.2 to build 9C30. The latest Mac OS X seed was released to developer's today, only four days behind 9C27. There are "no known issues" in this latest seed.

It seems clear that Apple is putting the finishing touches on Mac OS X, with accelerated developer releases in the hopes of reaching the final build. Due to the continuous bug fixing process, it impossible to predict the release date of the next update to Mac OS X. Historically, however, Apple has released the final build as quickly as one day following the last developer seed (9B18 seeded, 9B18 released).

Article Link

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Still not ready for public consumption? We've know about it for weeks Apple. Push it via Software Update and press some discs!

desistyle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
tomorrow would be sweet. I hope the leopard graphics update speeds up the gma x3100's performance.

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender

Apple has fixed some issues with Time Machine and AFP X Client and bumped Mac OS X 10.5.2 to build 9C30. The latest Mac OS X seed was released to developer's today, only four days behind 9C27. There are "no known issues" in this latest seed.

It seems clear that Apple is putting the finishing touches on Mac OS X, with accelerated developer releases in the hopes of reaching the final build. Due to the continuous bug fixing process, it impossible to predict the release date of the next update to Mac OS X. Historically, however, Apple has released the final build as quickly as one day following the last developer seed (9B18 seeded, 9B18 released).

Article Link

Good god this update must be pretty big. I cannot wait anymore my Airport on my MBP is so bad, the internet drops every 5 minutes then I wait another 10 just to get back on.

HyperZboy

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2007
I don't mind waiting if it fixes some all of the most glaring problems with 10.5:

1) Powermac G4 boot delay with various Nvidia graphics cards.

2) All of the various Nvidia and ATI graphics card artifacting issues, including the all of the problems with newer games like WoW, Doom 3, Prey, etc.

3) Glaring omission of hierarchical menus in the dock.

4) And the various other minor stability issues, wifi issues, etc.

If all of the above is fixed, then I'd be willing to wait another week or 2 as long as it's done right.

Thanks for listening Apple.
Can't wait to finally install Leopard on the rest of my Macs.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I don't mind waiting if it fixes some all of the most glaring problems with 10.5:

1) Powermac G4 boot delay with various Nvidia graphics cards.

2) All of the various Nvidia and ATI graphics card artifacting issues, including the all of the problems with newer games like WoW, Doom 3, Prey, etc.

3) Glaring omission of hierarchical menus in the dock.

4) And the various other minor stability issues, wifi issues, etc.

If all of the above is fixed, then I'd be willing to wait another week or 2 as long as it's done right.

Thanks for listening Apple.
Can't wait to finally install Leopard on the rest of my Macs.

From what I understand (and have read), there will be 2 separate updates; one is 10.5.2 and the other is purely "graphic card updates". Don't quote me on that though.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I don't mind that they are taking their time, I imagine that updates are going to come along more slowly for a while. I am sure they are working on a future version of OSX, but I don't really know where else they can take it right now. I am sure Apple has some ideas, and are working on them, but it seems like the hardware needs to advance some more so that it meets the needs Apple software seems to be moving in as far as tying a wide variety of consumer electronics together.

This time can be used to get very creative, or to make the software very secure, or both.

andy721

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2007
FL
Get additional 180 days to pay for the mac pro.

If time machine which I think is a pointless application is slowing the update down also slowing my and other people orders of the mac pros then they have an issue they need to solve before everyone gets a free 180 days SAC promo from apple finance which I got yay.
So I have additional 180 days no interest to pay for the mac pro with 20inch monitor. I wanted to upgrade to the 30 but I don't think they would do that.

Anyways here is the email they sent me if anyone wants to give it a try.

"I have been informed by the Apple Finance Department that since the order was placed before the end date of the promo, you will receive the 180 days SAC promo.
Thank you

Mike Phillips"

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
Who bets on tomorrow for the final release of the update?

I doubt it; I have a feeling that they're really going to flog this one out - because I also have a feeling that they'll be reallocating alot of the resources to a new project, and thus, this will be an update which will have alot of distance between it and the next one.

Maybe this Friday, but I don't hold out much hope. I'd love Apple though, to go through Mozilla bugzilla and Adium Bugzilla and finally fix all those damn bugs which cause developers such grief.

newtech

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
10.5.2 has more seeds than a pumpkin:eek: I guess they really are working it all the way to 9C40, what bad karma ( so help me if this PPC related BS I'll scream ).

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
If time machine which I think is a pointless application is slowing the update down also slowing my and other people orders of the mac pros then they have an issue they need to solve before everyone gets a free 180 days SAC promo from apple finance which I got yay.
So I have additional 180 days no interest to pay for the mac pro with 20inch monitor. I wanted to upgrade to the 30 but I don't think they would do that.

Anyways here is the email they sent me if anyone wants to give it a try.

"I have been informed by the Apple Finance Department that since the order was placed before the end date of the promo, you will receive the 180 days SAC promo.
Thank you

Mike Phillips"

you lost me, how does time machine relate to getting a 20 inch ACD instead of a 30 inch and not really being able to afford either?

asdavis10

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Bermuda
Yet another step closer to what all of us are waiting for but I'll be patient. Better to wait a (potentially) a few more days or weeks to get what may be the most important update Leopard will see. Patience is a virtue people.

MacUser226

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Im getting so impatient

Is it possible that if they release the 10.5.2 update tomorrow that they will also release the new MBP's?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.