Mac OS X 10.6.2 Build 10C519f Seeded to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 9, 2009.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Just four days after the first developer build of Mac OS X 10.6.2 was seeded through Apple's developer program, a second build termed 10C519f has been pushed to the community for evaluation and testing. The new update, which weighs in at 456.8 MB, brings several new refinements as Apple continues to press forward on the second maintenance update to Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Apple reportedly notes approximately a dozen areas of change addressed in the new build, on top of the nearly four dozen changes included in the previous build. Apple also lists nearly 150 specific focus areas upon which developers are asked to place their testing efforts. As for outstanding known issues yet to be addressed, Apple apparently addresses four such items, including issues with video corruption, Core Data output, and System Preferences hanging.

Article Link: Mac OS X 10.6.2 Build 10C519f Seeded to Developers

2. kolax macrumors G3

Looking forward to this bad boy. If this is nearly 500MB's, definetely will sort out more than 10.6.1 did with it's 79MB patch.

Hoping that the trackpad issue is resolved, Expose offers an option for the "old way" to scale windows, more snappiness since there is a slight sluggish feeling still to Snow Leopard.

QuickTime X update too as part of this..? It's needing something anyway.

3. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

4. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

Nice- i can finally upgrade and a hefty download it is

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

This looks like the Snow Leopard that should have been on day one. :p

6. mrtekkid macrumors regular

Hopefully it resolves my font issues with Office 2008 and Adobe Flash with fonts not appearing in the Font Menus.... placing fonts into the Adobe font folder get the fonts to appear in Photoshop and Illustrator and InDesign.... but no go on Flash and Office 2008....

any ideas?

7. MrCrowbar macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

Does it fix the expose bug where it goes to "show desktop" instead of going back to normal windows? You don't know how much you love expose until it's broken.

8. dlastmango macrumors 6502

Safari not snappier

My Safari hangs up alot and i get spinnig beachball for about a minute... on both the imac and Macbook Pro

9. BTW macrumors 6502

More stability is always good, but I'm hungry for something new. It would be nice if one of these maintenance releases introduced a new app or some new UI candy.

10. m85476585 macrumors 65816

Please fix the 4-finger swipe expose bug where if you swipe two ways without taking your hand off the touchpad it bounces instead of returning to normal windows. (I don't know how to describe it better). This happens on my MBP4,1 and a 13" MBP I installed SL on.

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I hope they fix the problem with Safari 4 hanging up and crashing all the time. Safari worked flawlessly in 10.6.0, but 10.6.1 f'd it up.

12. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

My MacBook Pro is more like a space heater after upgrading to Snow Leopard, and I wouldn't mind the extra heat except I live in Texas and it's still 85 degrees outside!

13. SmugMac macrumors regular

Can anyone who has this build, verify that NTFS write is now supported?

14. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

These point updates rarely, if ever introduce new features. It will be minor bug fixes. And likely fixing bugs you hadn't even noticed yet.

Yours was 79mb?! I think mine was a mere 10mb.. (SUCP, not combo)

As for Safari stability.. I've had no problems here. But safari instabilities are nearly always due to 3rd party plugins. Check and update them as necessary. But you can't blame Apple for stability problems introduced by 3rd party plugins, so I would't expect this 10.6.2 update to fix anything there.
    If there is anything for Apple to fix in Safari, it will likely be released as a separate maintenance update for Safari anyway.

15. realgenius macrumors member

I hope this is sarcasm.

You're really hoping for new features from a maintenance release of a main release that was hyped for having "no new features"?

We need to talk about your expectations.

16. celticpride678

I thought I was the only one with this issue. It seems not. Please Apple, fix it and all the other issues people are having with Snow Leopard.

17. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

Wonder if this will fix the kernel panic issue with the Radeon x1600.

18. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

Yeash! 456.8 MB thats a lot of update and I cannot wait. But I do not believe it's going to be 456.8 MB, does it not depend what you Mac hardwares is? Also to the person who said he would like to see app, seriously at this moment NO! Snow Leopard for lucky me I did not have as much problems like others did but I had some issues with few things. If they tried to add new app with this update it would become like Microsoft Service Pack (Just Saying). I bet **** would not work with the update so its better off they don't sorry.

Anyway I cannot wait for this update. Hopefully it will fix some of the issues I have been having and all the other people who had **** load of problems.

19. Portal83 macrumors regular

Please, please, PLEASE address purchased videos freezing in iTunes and Front Row! It's slowly making me go bonkers!

20. cocky jeremy macrumors 601

cocky jeremy

He said it would be nice. He didn’t say he expected it. Same with me. I think it would be nice, but i know not to expect it. :D

21. MikhailT macrumors 601

It might be the size of the combo update. It is possible that's what Apple is seeding to the developers and not exactly what'll show up in the software update for most of us. It could be as small as 10MB for most of us.

That's what 10.7 is for.

Yes it's always nice to get new features especially since MS added few new features in SP2 for XP but usually it does not happen for 10.x.x releases from Apple.

Hoping and expectations are not the same thing. He didn't expect there to be new features, he's just hoping. It can happen, just very unlikely.

22. youngjm macrumors newbie

Any idea if 10.6.2 will allow Macbook 5,1's to boot into 64-bit Kernel? Apple says they are "capable" and they have the 64 bit EFI but the boot file appears to stop it from doing so. I have seen hacks out there but did not want to go that route yet.

23. celticpride678

I am wondering the same thing. Hopefully we will be able to, as I want to at least try out 64-bit kernel and extensions.

24. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

OpenCL and ATI 3870.

OpenCL support for the ATI 3870 would be nice. No, not nice, standard from 10.6.

Thanks Apple.

25. polaris20 macrumors 68020

Yeah, my 15" is running pretty damn hot too. I've left my 13 at Leo for now.