Mac OS X 10.6.3 Close

colem1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I ran software update, and it stated 10.6.3 was available. I went to download it and it said it wasnt able to, I then refreshed and it was gone. Could this mean its on the way?

nicroma

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
I don't have any specific bugs affecting me now, but I love a good update! Hopefully it doesn't cause any new issues. :p

MacsRgr8

macrumors 604
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Hello Everyone,

I ran software update, and it stated 10.6.3 was available. I went to download it and it said it wasnt able to, I then refreshed and it was gone. Could this mean its on the way?
That doesn't happen a lot.
If an update gets pulled, it usually takes a few days before it seems clear that some major issue can occur. But being available and then gone the next minute is very teasing....:p

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Weird you got the update but than it disappeared. I wonder if this i update going to have Adobe Flash 10.0.45 with it or should I just go to Adobe site to download it? I rather have Apple send the update for Flash for some reason I have to always Repair Disk Permissions when updating from Adobe Website.

espressoroast

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Amsterdam
Doesn't the Tuesday thing only relevant for new product releases?

I have seen all manner of software updates come in any day.

Is it because this is an OSX .. release?

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Heh - tbh I cant wait for 10.6.3 to drop - but this is only because I like getting different numbers in the "About This Mac" section. Interesting that you got it and then couldnt download it though.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
So why are people so anxious for 10.6.3. Is apple adding new functionality or just bug fixes. SL has been very stable for me and while Its great to see a major bug fix, Having a number of threads pop up lately about this seems to indicate folks are anxious for it

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
So why are people so anxious for 10.6.3. Is apple adding new functionality or just bug fixes. SL has been very stable for me and while Its great to see a major bug fix, Having a number of threads pop up lately about this seems to indicate folks are anxious for it
It's just that when I set up a new computer I like to start with as clean a system as possible. If I install 10.6.3 I won't have to install all the little incremental updates that have been released since 10.6.2. It just seems cleaner...

Steve.

gawul00

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
I am having DNS troubles that I hope are fixed in this update.

* Incorrect resolver selection - does not use list sequence.
* A records are preferred over AAAA - opposite the behavior of any other system.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
What I'd like to see fixed:

• Annoying Weather dashboard widget movement glitch that has been present since 10.6.0.
  • All sorts of assorted Samba problems. Dropped connections, dodgy file copying, extremely slow file deletion from Windows 7.
  • (Hope for this one every time), the stopping of the popping noise with external speakers present on all my Macs.
  • Mail having a mind of its own when connecting to a VPN.
  • Perhaps better support and the ability to turn off scroll-sleeping on the Magic Mouse.