Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
Hello,I don't want to bother the sellers and to return my cards, So I would to know if the Titan or Titan X works natively without the web drivers on Sierra or High Sierra like my 780 GTX does.
Because I did a try with the 1080 GTX and it was simply a nightmare, so I want to go to a Titan X.

Thank you for your answers !

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
Again a new question, how I'm supposed to flash it for my mac pro.
I did a search but I don't find a tutorial or something clear to doing the job.
Thank you for your answers :)

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
Hi, ty but it's not possible to doing that myself ?
If you count the shipping and service, that's too much lol
270$ just to send it and to get it back.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hi, ty but it's not possible to doing that myself ?
If you count the shipping and service, that's too much lol
270$ just to send it and to get it back.
The most recent NVIDIA GPU that have a public Mac EFI it's GTX 680, no other GPU after that has a public firmware.

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
The most recent NVIDIA GPU that have a public Mac EFI it's GTX 680, no other GPU after that has a public firmware.

Thank you for your answer !
So with that EFI, where can I find a tutorial to flash it ?
I heard if we do that bad it can mess the card and we can't fix it.

TheIguana

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2004
Canada
Thank you for your answer !
So with that EFI, where can I find a tutorial to flash it ?
I heard if we do that bad it can mess the card and we can't fix it.

Just to be absolutely clear, the instructions Alex linked to are ONLY for the GTX680. If you try to flash that firmware onto the Titan you purchased you will brick it.

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
Titan works as it is Kepler . Titan X and black do not work in Mojave .
[doublepost=1551217065][/doublepost]http://www.macvidcards.com/blog/met...ave-without-driver-quadro-k5000-coming-to-mvc

INCREDIBLE, without any drivers or flash the card works !!!!
I did a test on all systems, mavericks to mojave, even windows 7, dual screens etc
So I did a try either on the hackintosh of my friend and again works on all systems !

Now my question is, IF I buy a Titan X PC not flashed will it works too ? Without webdrivers ?
I need it to work on Sierra and High Sierra

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
Yes.

No, only with web drivers.

ok that will cause a huge problem, substance painter can't work with the webdriver, and if the Titan X is flashed for mac then I will not need the webdrivers ?

I will flash my Titan, it has some huge problem if it's not flashed, we can't select the system at the boot. :)

and thanks for your answers
[doublepost=1555193707][/doublepost]
Just to be absolutely clear, the instructions Alex linked to are ONLY for the GTX680. If you try to flash that firmware onto the Titan you purchased you will brick it.

I was almost sure about that, for that reason people should be aware of what they're posting here.
So thank you very much TheIguana ! :)

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
ok that will cause a huge problem, substance painter can't work with the webdriver, and if the Titan X is flashed for mac then I will not need the webdrivers ?

I will flash my Titan, it has some huge problem if it's not flashed, we can't select the system at the boot. :)

and thanks for your answers
Apple native NVIDIA drivers only support Kepler GPUs, Titan X is a Maxwell GPU and only work with webdrivers. Flashing a NVIDIA GPU only make the GPU to have pre-boot configuration support (aka boot screens), driver support is immutable. Flashed or not, any GPU newer than Kepler only work if you install the webdrivers.

macguru9999

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
Are you sure you need that card ? Why not get a radeon GX680 ? It depends what software you need to run. Some of my programs are faster with radeons.
You will have native support but no boot screen.

Or get the 680gtx nvidia. You will have native support and boot screens, but its a 7? year old design. still pretty good though.

waldorffr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
France
tsialex I don't have a Titan X but Titan kepler.

Are you sure you need that card ? Why not get a radeon GX680 ? It depends what software you need to run. Some of my programs are faster with radeons.
You will have native support but no boot screen.

Or get the 680gtx nvidia. You will have native support and boot screens, but its a 7? year old design. still pretty good though.

I have at home the 780 GTX, everything works fine but the difference with my Titan, Titan has 6GB and 780 only 3GB
Strangely i can't find the Titan-Mac rom anywhere.
That would be really awesome to get it

I just seen that picture https://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/titan-mac-jpg.421489/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.