Ok so I would really like a mac pro right now so I can use one HD to run OSX and another HD to Run Vista for some gaming ect. I will be buying a MBA alongside the Mac Pro for obvious reasons, but I have an eee pc 1000H and Dell Insp 1420 both fully loaded so the MBA is not a big issue here. I can certainly hold out to see if there is an update in sept/ oct to the pro, but waiting until Jan '09 may be a little too long. My main reason for not buying now is that the video card does not have an HDMI output and there is no blu ray writer. Another big thing holding me back is the technology coming out, mainly nehalem and DDR3 memory and Snow Leopard. While a MP right now would really solve my issues of just having one main computer for ALL of my music an DVD's (I have almost all of my DVD's down to iPod format) in one place that my laptops can feed off of. The power of the MP to do these conversions is another reason I really want one (I only need a quad core though- 8 Cores is overkill for what I need). Basically I feel like I should wait because it is not really a necessity, its just a pain to have a laptop hooked up to an external monitor when I could have a true desktop. I like how you can essentially future proof yourself with the Pro, but I feel like these next 8-10 months are the time that the casing of the current one and even the tech is going to get outdated fast.