Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
We need a Pyramid Design.... worked for Egyptians... *kidding*

I am so in favor of a tower in some way shape or form.... cash ready.... but want flexibility that the trash can does not provide...

drasl

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2014
We need a Pyramid Design.... worked for Egyptians... *kidding*

I am so in favor of a tower in some way shape or form.... cash ready.... but want flexibility that the trash can does not provide...

You are talking nonsense, usability and flexibility is useless.

Thinness, curves, and central something is what you want .....not flexibility....
We don't want to actually use the computer, just look at it ;)

Reactions: AidenShaw

JimGoshorn

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
NY
Tim's "laser focus" is on rose gold iToys. Plain and simple.

Maybe that's the answer. Someone tell Tim that he can name the new version the iMacPro which will follow the same naming convention as the iPadPro. If it's another iDevice, he just might go for it and do an update yearly. If it will make Tim happy, I'll even buy one in Rose Gold :rolleyes:

JimGoshorn

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
NY
So it's game over?
I can seen Aiden's point. After you buy how many PC workstations, Windows versions of your apps, get IT up to speed, change your workflows and who knows how much more, you're going to go back and redo how much just because Tim et al decide to get off their collective posteriors. That kind of falls under too little too late (because you know that Apple won't go back to the cMP design after the tube)
[doublepost=1466554768][/doublepost]
It's really sad and amusing that nothing points out the frustration with Apple's management more than the simple phrase "Rose Gold". They've lost their way.
They definitely lost their way. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Rose Gold was Ive's idea. As I said in another post, Apple's motto now is give them bling and they will come.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
So it's game over?
Just look at the change in attitude on this forum since the disappointing MacWorld keynote last week. Even the usually boisterous ATI fans are mostly quiet.

Some people no longer see the magic - and if Apple loses its magic it will start a death spiral. Because when the fans notice that the emperor has no clothes, they'll start to question the whole eco-system. Apple is like Gucci or Coach or Rolex or Louis Vitton or any other designer label.

No hope if the mystique is lost - because in the end it's simply sunglasses or a purse or a watch or a bag. Nothing about the label that survives if the name is lost.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I can seen Aiden's point. After you buy how many PC workstations, Windows versions of your apps, get IT up to speed, change your workflows and who knows how much more, you're going to go back and redo how much just because Tim et al decide to get off their collective posteriors. That kind of falls under too little too late (because you know that Apple won't go back to the cMP design after the tube)
Okay...when u said that if the same app is available for Windows yeah I can see that but if it is exclusive then it's different story or I could find alternative.

drasl

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2014
I have heard too many of the long term Apple users thinking about leaving that I know something is up.

These are people that really are a foundation for Apple, I don’t know how many times someone said to me after buying a mac that I should be on a commission by Apple, since I got so many people to switch.

Today I can honestly say that I don’t recommend that people switch, and that has actually been the case the last couple of years.

Apple is shedding their “tech aware” customers, and that shows they have lost their way again.

I have a lot of respect for Tim Cook as a person, but he might want to change his last name to Sculley.

We have entered the Tim Sculley era.

Steve hired the wrong guy again........

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Okay...when u said that if the same app is available for Windows yeah I can see that but if it is exclusive then it's different story or I could find alternative.
If it's exclusive to Apple systems that would tell me that it's time to find a non-proprietary alternative.

Apple is far too fickle to depend upon for your bread and butter. You can go to bed Monday night thinking that everything's taken care of - and by lunch Tuesday find out that it's all been canceled.

JimGoshorn

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
NY
The issue really boils down to how much time and money has been spent to convert? How many work hours (income) has been lost? It just gets too costly to jump back.

If Windows 10 didn't have people concerned about privacy and the number of updates it brings, there would probably be even more people jumping ship. A friend of mine does IT for a company and he said that the updates can be a real nuisance because sometimes there can be issues after an update and it can be a bear to get it sorted out. He got so sick of it at work, he got an iMac. He laughed out loud when I told him I am thinking of going to a PC.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Just look at the change in attitude on this forum since the disappointing MacWorld keynote last week. Even the usually boisterous ATI fans are mostly quiet.

Some people no longer see the magic - and if Apple loses its magic it will start a death spiral. Because when the fans notice that the emperor has no clothes, they'll start to question the whole eco-system. Apple is like Gucci or Coach or Rolex or Louis Vitton or any other designer label.

No hope if the mystique is lost - because in the end it's simply sunglasses or a purse or a watch or a bag. Nothing about the label that survives if the name is lost.
I totally get it... No doubt magic is gone. I get that they moved to window and there people are are either quiet or desperate for another Mac Pro. Trust me I'm on your side in terms of magic is gone. MR site is not the only people that might feel this way. Blah I don't what I'm talking about anymore. Apple is exhausting my energy.

Some people can't jump ship that easily til they find alternatives.

I guess all these talks of rumor egpu is just a placebo.
[doublepost=1466555794][/doublepost]
The issue really boils down to how much time and money has been spent to convert? How many work hours (income) has been lost? It just gets too costly to jump back.

If Windows 10 didn't have people concerned about privacy and the number of updates it brings, there would probably be even more people jumping ship. A friend of mine does IT for a company and he said that the updates can be a real nuisance because sometimes there can be issues after an update and it can be a bear to get it sorted out. He got so sick of it at work, he got an iMac. He laughed out loud when I told him I am thinking of going to a PC.
If I'm not mistaken I remember maflyn the moderator mentioned that data collecting could be turned off.

But anyway...I know Apple is draining us mentally and financially.

drasl

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2014

IT guy laughing about moving from a Mac to Windows, are you sure you were not dreaming ;)

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
If it's exclusive to Apple systems that would tell me that it's time to find a non-proprietary alternative.

Apple is far too fickle to depend upon for your bread and butter. You can go to bed Monday night thinking that everything's taken care of - and by lunch Tuesday find out that it's all been canceled.
Yes alternative is the choice.
Apple is just too unpredictable.

Reactions: JM-Prod

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
If I'm not mistaken I remember maflyn the moderator mentioned that data collecting could be turned off.
Yes, and it's hysterical that anyone who uses Google for search and/or Chrome for browsing would be concerned about what Microsoft is collecting. Safari/Siri not far behind.

Somehow it seems that many people think that it's OK for Apple and Google to data-mine everything that they do - but horrible if Microsoft does 10% of what Google does.

Reactions: thats all folks

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Yes, and it's hysterical that anyone who uses Google for search and/or Chrome for browsing would be concerned about what Microsoft is collecting. Safari/Siri not far behind.

Somehow it seems that many people think that it's OK for Apple and Google to data-mine everything that they do - but horrible if Microsoft does 10% of what Google does.
It's probably becaus ms had stigmatized of being unstable and some stuff that I wouldn't know or remember.

JimGoshorn

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
NY
IT guy laughing about moving from a Mac to Windows, are you sure you were not dreaming ;)
I was really surprised. This guy was using PCs before Windows 95. He saw my 128k Mac and what I could do with it and he bought one. Within a couple of years he went back to PCs. Now, a year ago, he got an iMac. I have to wonder if he will get tired of Macs again and go back to PCs.

It's not that I have a thing for Windows, it's just that I want a real computer that I can configure and won't have to be concerned about hardware being throttled because Apple designed a thermally restrictive compute. You should be able to throw what you need into the computer and it just works and it does if there is enough space inside and the fans to cool that space.

I think we should change Phil's "Can't innovate my ass" to "Can't innovate well and now it might be my ass!"

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I was really surprised. This guy was using PCs before Windows 95. He saw my 128k Mac and what I could do with it and he bought one. Within a couple of years he went back to PCs. Now, a year ago, he got an iMac. I have to wonder if he will get tired of Macs again and go back to PCs.

It's not that I have a thing for Windows, it's just that I want a real computer that I can configure and won't have to be concerned about hardware being throttled because Apple designed a thermally restrictive compute. You should be able to throw what you need into the computer and it just works and it does if there is enough space inside and the fans to cool that space.

I think we should change Phil's "Can't innovate my ass" to "Can't innovate well and now it might be my ass!"
Better yet "I don't know how to innovate but I know how to make money."

Reactions: JamesPDX

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I would love to see Phil put on the catapult to hell - a final kick in his ample ass.

The difference between the "Tube" and the "Cube" is that even Jobs realized that the Cube was not the answer to anyones' problems - but Tim and Phil and Jony haven't yet figured out that the cylinder is a failure for an important part of their base.

TIM - IF YOUR ADMINS ARE SENDING THIS TO YOU - BRING BACK A TOWER!

JimGoshorn

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
NY
The difference between the "Tube" and the "Cube" is that even Jobs realized that the Cube was not the answer to anyones' problems - and Tim and Phil and Jony haven't yet figured out that the cylinder is a failure for an important part of their base.
I have to wonder what Jobs would do with this situation.
[doublepost=1466557036][/doublepost]
"Can'tlose my job, my a**"
People whooing
I think there would be a standing ovation if one or more heads rolled.

Reactions: pat500000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.