Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DWS

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
Australia
Well what do you know.
I just received an email that my MP has shipped. Should arrive tomorrow.
Happy Chappy now. Big:D

astroboi

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne, Down Under
I also ordered from Streetwise, 19th Jan.
If it takes that much longer, It'll be the last time I order from them.

Well what do you know.
I just received an email that my MP has shipped. Should arrive tomorrow.
Happy Chappy now. Big:D

Man.. I ordered from Streetwise on the 10th of Jan.. still haven't heard. I think I'll be calling them again tomorrow.

Out of interest, what configuration did you order? Mine was a stock octo 2.8, with the 8800GT the only BTO option.

DWS

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
Australia
Man.. I ordered from Streetwise on the 10th of Jan.. still haven't heard. I think I'll be calling them again tomorrow.

Out of interest, what configuration did you order? Mine was a stock octo 2.8, with the 8800GT the only BTO option.

I ordered the single processor option, with 8800, airport card, everything else stock. Plus parallels and Vista premium OEM.
I suppose that they can only send them out as they receive them, Apple seem to be very random in the way they're delivering. None of this first in best dressed business.
I'd be surprised if you don't get an email soon.

UNO

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
almost there/here

Ordered through NextByte on 20th of Jan. Been calling every day, and today they said that it's been shipped on 14th and should arrive to the store on Wednesday at 10-30

Going to grab it at 10-31 at the earliest. :D

UNO

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
Arrrived!

Yes! Arrived today. Ordered from NexByte on 20th of Jan. So it was just 1 month and 1 day of crazy waiting.

No wake-up or graphics problems, no choppy videos, no noise. Blazing fast.

2.8 Octo
2x1TB from Apple (now in RAID0).
Airport
16GB (4Gb from Apple + 4Gb from MacFixit.com.au)
Applecare

and a lovely 30" ACD

Now, how am I supposed to sleep today?!
:):D:apple::p:cool:;):rolleyes:

Lurgen

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
I notice that this thread has gone quiet all of a sudden... does this mean everybody's Mac Pro has arrived, or that everybody gave up waiting?

Mine is still not here (Jan order), despite Myer promising it will be here "tomorrow" for over a week now. TNT held onto it for at least 2 or 3 days, and the Myer distribution centre has held it for 4 calendar days so far, but at least I know for sure it is in the country.

The experience of buying this thing has almost completely turned me off the whole Mac thing BTW... constant delays, piles of problems with the machines once they actually turn up, and horrible customer relations from both Apple and the resellers... :( I was contemplating ordering a Macbook Pro next for when I'm out at customer sites but now I'm not so sure - unless it's off-the-shelf and instantly available I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

redtapemedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
Australia
I notice that this thread has gone quiet all of a sudden... does this mean everybody's Mac Pro has arrived, or that everybody gave up waiting?

Mine is still not here (Jan order), despite Myer promising it will be here "tomorrow" for over a week now. TNT held onto it for at least 2 or 3 days, and the Myer distribution centre has held it for 4 calendar days so far, but at least I know for sure it is in the country.

The experience of buying this thing has almost completely turned me off the whole Mac thing BTW... constant delays, piles of problems with the machines once they actually turn up, and horrible customer relations from both Apple and the resellers... :( I was contemplating ordering a Macbook Pro next for when I'm out at customer sites but now I'm not so sure - unless it's off-the-shelf and instantly available I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

I'm sure your machine will be fine once you get it. It must suck to still be waiting. I can say that the only issue I have had with mine so far has been setting up bootcamp & parallels. Parallels wiped out the bootcamp partition and I had to reinstall. Other than that, awesome. But I hope yours turn up soon.

Lurgen

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
Mine finally arrived, after I spent almost every spare minute last week calling and hassling the vendor. The machine is excellent. The service from the reseller was abysmal.

astroboi

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne, Down Under
Yeah the whole ordering/waiting process was pretty bad. It sounds like most people have got their boxes by now. Hopefully Apple will get their supply chain issues sorted out for next time (not holding my breath).

azenis

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
I ordered mine via a friend at nextbyte in sydney (i am in Hobart) on Friday 22/02/08. Hope it wont take too long to get here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.