Macally Cases for the new ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DaGrandMastah, Mar 9, 2012.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

2. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I emailed the company to find out when these are available. I love the deisgn of the folios.

3. donnaw macrumors 65816

I have the DualStand too and I actually love it. But I'll never figure out why they used black and yellow! Anyway, I'm hoping it will fit the new iPad. I travel with it all the time and will hate to have to find something else.

4. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah the problem with the dual stand is both the color and the lack of front protection.

The ones that they're showing now have all that and seem to keep a very thin form factor. I'm looking forward to seeing these up close in a review.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Be careful w/ Macally cases. They have some nice designs but frequently use materials that are heavier than need be. I bought, and returned, a BookStand and Snap case for the 2 last year. They both made the iPad feel heavy. I'm totally try before I buy now.

6. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hoping that's not the case. Right now I'm leaning towards these cases but I'm also looking at the Joy Factory black folio. Hopefully there's a review up soon for them.

7. jmantn macrumors 6502

Did they give you an ETA on the new cases?

8. johnyslats Contributor

johnyslats

9. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

10. laurenr macrumors 6502a

11. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never received a response to any of the emails I sent them. Might have to take a look at macmall.

12. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree though that the slim folio seems like the way to go. I love this case but also love the speck magfolio. I'd really like to see a review or impressions before i commit to buying either.

13. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I already received a response from MacMall. The case will be available march 19th.
    They also show this one, which is stunning. It also comes in a Baby Pink for us ladies :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.macmall.com/p/MacAlly-Peripherals-Carrying-Cases/product~dpno~9070451~pdp.hbcicgj

I think all 3 cases are just stunning!:)

Above case is available on a later date, not sure when.

----------

For anyone interested, pic of the clear case with detachable, included, smartcover:[​IMG]

14. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Have you ever ordered from macmall? Are they easy to make returns?

15. laurenr macrumors 6502a

They have been around for years. I had always ordered all my Macs from them, before an Apple Store opened up close to me. I find them to be a highly reputable company. I would not anticipate any problems with returns.

16. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok cool so i guess i'll consider ordering there. i just wish i could see some more details about the case or a quick review. i'd like to know how well it holds shut. i'm a fan of 3 of their cases.

basically all 3 being discussed in this thread but the slim folio seems to be the slimmest of the bunch.

17. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I actually think the 3 pictured above are "slimmer" than the Slim Folio pictured below:

[​IMG]

----------

A larger pic of the Protective Case Stand:

[​IMG]

I honestly think all of those are the nicest iPad 3 cases I've seen so far. SO pleased I found this thread!:D

18. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Glad I could help. And I agree, these may be the nicest cases I've seen but I would realy like to see some upclose shots. I'm a huge fan of the Speck Magfolio case too. Ultimately I want to see how well the magnets hodl on these macally cases when the case is shut. Id on't want the cover flapping around.

19. xyphr3 macrumors member

After searching through a lot of threads, I think I like the Macally cases the most. I will wait for more colors to come out. Anyone have the red case for their iPad 2? The website makes the iPad 2 red look more like a red/orange instead of a true red.

20. Drag'nGT, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Wow! I really like the cases and the design. It's nice to see some design added to the smart covers.

I wonder if there's any lining to the plastic backs that work with the smart cover... Could you add your own liner? Or are these clearances way too tight?

21. laurenr macrumors 6502a

On the Bookstand, pictured above, the site stipulates:
    "Premium leather folio with soft lining to provide optimum protection".

The one thing I would like to know - is it possible to fold the cover all the way back, to lie flat, without the folds? I am pretty sure from looking at the pictures, that it would be possible on the clear case that has the detachable cover. It also has the option of being removed altogether, which is a really useful feature. However, the Bookstand is definitely the more stunning in appearance. Decisions.....decisions..:)

22. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Thanks, I was referring to the hardshell and protective cases.

23. mike817 macrumors newbie

Do they Macally cases have a magnet like the smart covers?