Macbook air 2018 screen brightness

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SoApple, Nov 7, 2018.

1. kooky macrumors newbie

2. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

33% increase in screen brightness sounds pretty good.

3. auxbuss macrumors regular

auxbuss

I haven't noticed the extra brightness (in the Mojave update) – I never had a problem with it – but the default display profile is completely different. Originally, there was a pronounced colour bias in some situations; that's gone now. It was so bad, I used an alternative profile. The default is fine now, for me.

4. arksun macrumors newbie

I have definitely noticed an improvement in brightness. In a moderately lit room, I've had to turn the brightness down a notch or two because it was too bright for my taste in that environment. When I'm working with my back against a big window with sunlight coming in, the screen at max brightness is perfect. I used to have a 2017 TB MacBook Pro and this MBA screen brightness with the update is comparable. Of course, if I had a MBP for a side-by-side comparison, there would be an obvious difference. But from an everyday usage standpoint, it feels similar to me now.

5. vaugha macrumors 6502

After the update to 10.14.4 my mba became bright enough. I consider 400 nits pretty decent for a mainstream everyday laptop.