Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Started a guide to try to address common questions that come up. It's a rough start, and I left some areas blank, but thought it might be useful to keep updated.

[embedguide]MacBook_Air%3A_Common_Questions[/embedguide]

oclor

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Boston
I have a few questions that will decide if I get a MBA or not. I have a Macbook right now (bought it the day it was announced)

1. Does the fan ever get as loud as the Macbook fan? I take my laptop to class and its so embarrasing when the fan starts screaming, everyone turns and looks at me...

2. Are the speakers any louder than the Macbook speakers? I can barely hear anything with my speakers, which sucks because I'm always having people listen to stuff or watch videos and they always tell me to turn the volume up even though it's already all the way up.

3. Is the MBA noticeably faster than my Macbook? Remember I have the earliest Macbook, so 2Ghz core duo (not core 2). I know its not super-fast but I'm ok with that since I really care about the thinness.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
I have a few questions that will decide if I get a MBA or not. I have a Macbook right now (bought it the day it was announced)

1. Does the fan ever get as loud as the Macbook fan? I take my laptop to class and its so embarrasing when the fan starts screaming, everyone turns and looks at me...

2. Are the speakers any louder than the Macbook speakers? I can barely hear anything with my speakers, which sucks because I'm always having people listen to stuff or watch videos and they always tell me to turn the volume up even though it's already all the way up.

3. Is the MBA noticeably faster than my Macbook? Remember I have the earliest Macbook, so 2Ghz core duo (not core 2). I know its not super-fast but I'm ok with that since I really care about the thinness.

MBA is as quick as my Macbook 2.2 for doing everyday things....no problems here with speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.