MacBook Air stuck on blue screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 27imac, Aug 18, 2013.

1. 27imac macrumors newbie

MacBook Air stuck on blue screen with black box that say u need to restart your computer it keep going to that screen every time I restart

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That is a kernel panic, which means something in the system is causing the OS to crash. That or a piece of hardware has gone haywire and prevents regular OS functionality, thus causing the kernel panic.

3. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie

4. AXs macrumors 6502a

AXs

i never realized that Mac has a bluescreen/blackbox of death.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Too many variables too know. I'd be guessing, your best bet is to go to Apple (or call them). Assuming it happens often (or as I understand your issue, always upon start-up).

6. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it happens at start up at first it it was showing a grey folder with question mark so I reinstall snow leopard on a external hard drive thinking the other hard drive in the late 2008 MacBook air had crash so when everthing finish installing plug the hard drive up to MacBook air usb and know im getting that black screen of death really need my laptop but its out of warranty so I know apple going to change me to fix it if they could lol

7. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie

Also the battery is swelling to only can power MacBook on with charger I wonder would apple replace laptop that's out of warranty I read online that this is a common problem