Macbook air warranty problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dejoka, Sep 19, 2015.

1. dejoka macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I am owner of a macbook air early 2014. I bought it half a year ago ( around start of January 2015).
    Mba is great, it was running greatly, till now. I have some random issues with screen. For example while watching film, from time to time colors are strange for example, scenery is black, and red color suddenly appears for few seconds :/.
    In addition i have some times some horizontal lines, through my screen, after one or two seconds they just vanish. I didnt have any problems with my mba earlier. I am considering giving it to warrancy service, but i don't know if they will accept and repair this as problem. What do you think should i do now?
    Try to reinstall system, or just leave it to see what happens next, or give to service?

Second problem is that i didnt bought mba in apple shop, i bought it in computer shop x-kom in poland. Where should i deliver my mba to apple store, resseler or to the shop where i bought it?

Greetings and thanks for any responds

2. dejoka, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015

dejoka thread starter macrumors newbie

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

That problem sounds like a hardware problem. So reinstalling anything is very unlikely to help. Doing nothing means you may lose rights. So the very first thing is to take it either to Apple or to the store where you bought it. Even if it is just to make sure that the date is recorded where the defect happened.

If you bought your MacBook in Poland (EU member), you have two independent sets of rights: You have a 1 year warranty provided by the manufacturer, in this case Apple computer. And you have statutory rights against the seller of the computer, in this case x-kom. I don't know exactly what rights; if you search on Apple's web site you will find an explanation. If you were in the UK, the seller is responsible to fix the computer in the first six months unless they can prove that you caused the problem, and within a reasonable time (typically two years) if you can prove that the computer had the problem when purchased. That doesn't mean the color problems were visible when you bought the computer, it means some defective parts may have been used that didn't last anywhere near long enough.

It is your choice to go to Apple or to go to x-com. Both have to fix the problem, but since it is more than six months, x-com is only responsible if you prove it is their fault. So you go to the one that is more convenient for you. If a defect appears more than one year after you bought the Mac, your Apple manufacturer's warranty runs out. An Apple store is usually still helpful.

4. dejoka, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015

dejoka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. I will call Apple support, but i'm worried they will say i caused it, and they will not repair my mba. Nevertheless i will try
    Are you sure its some kind of hardware issue? Maybe somebody bad similar problems with his mac?
    Thx for help
    Update: Mba does restart automatically when trying to login, it did this 2 times, in 2 days