MacBook Battery Question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by spazattack674, Feb 20, 2009.

1. spazattack674 macrumors regular

Hi there,

I have a White MacBook (Rev.A, whenever those came out, May 2006 I think?), and I've had it for almost three years now. My battery life is horrible. I get, at most, 1.25 hours out of the battery. I have all the energy saving things on, the display goes to sleep after one minute, and turning Wi-Fi off doesn't seem to make much of a difference. However, I do have the computer on the charger often. Is this battery life normal? Please see the attached screenshot of coconutBattery for more details. I am going to go to the Apple Store today or tomorrow to either get a replacement battery (I know there's some exchange program for faulty batteries) or buy a new one, because it's really annoying when the battery dies, I need more battery life. I'm not sure if my battery is "faulty" however. Please tell me if my battery is bad! Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Your battery is just reaching its end of life. Laptop batteries normally start dying up around 3.5+ years. Around that time you will start seeing battery can't hold as much charge as before.

So, your Mac is 3 years old, then that makes it time for your battery to start dying.

However, I see a good amount of mAps, which means your battery can still hold a good charge, then again, it might be a bug and actual capacity be less. In any case, just go to Apple and see what the Genius has to say.

3. spazattack674 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, that's what I was thinking. Maybe if I play my cards right I can get it replaced under the battery program ;). Thanks for your help and prompt reply.