Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikea

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2006
Waiting for macbook land
Start your engines

AS much As I want to stay away from these rumors...This is way too much fun!!!! Pure entertainment. I can't wait to see what THINKSTUPID says next week.
I love it.
All I want is a MacBook by the first week of june..I hope it happens.
GuyLaughing.jpg
thinksecret

BugSitter

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
bill4588 said:
we'll find out tomorrow....maybe....unless the boxes really DO have macbooks but the stores cant open them cuz there's a "shortage" and have to wait another week.....

Dude, no way Apple placed a personal phone call to all of its managers today telling them not to open the boxes in the nick of time.

I'm just beginning to wonder if we are starting to see boxes because we want to see boxes. Hmmm...

nsjoker

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2005
Miami, Fl
Willis said:
i give up on this guessing crap. it comes out when it comes out. end of story. so many dates have been said, and nothing!

bah

wow. best post ever. if only all macrumors members had your gift man. :eek:

jonharris200

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
London, UK
freeny said:
My favorite quote from the TS thread-
"And inside the "Do not open until 5/9" boxes sent to the apple stores is a smaller box marked "Do not open until 5/16"".
And inside that a scrambled hand-written version of the Fibonacci sequence, plus an obscure reference to Madonna of the Rocks. :)

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Since we are having to wait longer than we would all like I hope that the product really pleases all of us...:D

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
BugSitter said:
Dude, no way Apple placed a personal phone call to all of its managers today telling them not to open the boxes in the nick of time.

I'm just beginning to wonder if we are starting to see boxes because we want to see boxes. Hmmm...
apple could just send an automated message to all it's stores to pause it. I'm sure they have every number on speed dial.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
KindredMAC said:
I refuse to speculate as to when the MacBook will come out or what the specs will be,

BUT

I will predict that masses of people will be very VERY disappointed with the actual product that you get for the price point.

And the sick thing is you're probably right.

weitzner

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
Ithaca, NY
it'll get here when it gets here. if it doesn't arrive next tuesday, we'll be told that it'll be there the tuesday after that. i think it's time to just wait and not get too into the rumormill over this one.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
I think that all this waiting is making me glad I'm not in dire need (nor do i have the $$). "Next tuesday" (whenever that is) these machines will not live up to expectations and hype.

Maybe the macbook of today is vapourware :eek: and this is all a conspiracy to try to intice us to give in to the macbook pro. There is no macbook just the macbook pro.....

*sigh*
"next tuesday" where are you?

ih8pc

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Oh crap!
Where the hell are those damn ships from China.
I want my MacBook. I need to prove to my friends that PC's suck & Macs are better. & that Macs can run Windows. They think apple made a virus for pc users.
If that really happened there wouldn't be any apple.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004
It seems Think Secret just make things up as they go along. It's not as if anyone can prove them wrong.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
mutantteenager said:
This whole 'waiting with baited breath' is lame. I love the way these rumours seem to self-perpetuate. So far we've had wishing for a MacBook with support for a 30" display (why?), dedicated graphics (unlikely), different colours (never going to happen, because of inventory problems) and the obligatory 'Apple invite' (the inventor of Photoshop spins in his grave).

Can we all take a chill-pill, this is only a computer, which will eventually come out. No one will live or die by the hand of this product. I understand this is a forum for the Mac faithful, but some people have lost all sense of reality!:confused:

Not Really. The problem is that almost every one wants a Portable Mac with intel inside. But not many people can afford a MBP. And a lot can`t stand the size either. SO it`s just that everyone`s waiting for the new iBooks aka MB which`ll be cheaper,smaller and more affordable. Everytime there`s a hint of it`s launch, all of `em just jump out thinking that finally the wait is over. To date no other computer product has been anticipated so much. One things for sure. It`ll come out sooner or later. But no one knows when. So the excitement and speculation.

Yes NO ONE WILL LIVE OR DIE BY THE HAND OF THIS MB. But the fact that most of the iBook/PowerBook G4 owners have already decided that they`ll switch to intel Portable once MB is launched. If they like MB then they`ll be going for it otherwise they`ll buy MBP. But most of them want to see first what the new MB be like. Most of us are thinking that MB might be much more value for money than MBP. And coz of all this uncertainity a lot of us are already without a laptop and want this MB to come out ASAP. No one wants to buy some other stuff fearing that MB might be released within a week and then they`ll have to regret the purchase.

ih8pc

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Macbook & boxes

What's inside those boxes? I think it would be the macbooks but I don't know if they are Red Hot Chili PepPers Displays. If it were that then how stupid is that it's just a band. Window displays are for the computers not RHCP THINGS

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
KindredMAC said:
BUT

I will predict that masses of people will be very VERY disappointed with the actual product that you get for the price point.
Let me agree, with a clarification:

There will be much anonymous forum NOISE of disappointment, despite the machine offering so much more than the last one.

But despite all the wails and fury from forum-goers, the product will sell like hotcakes to rave reviews.

ZildjianKX said:
Please no interegrated graphics card... ;)
I hope there's SOME sub-15" model with a real GPU, whether it's a high-end MacBook or an upcoming smaller MacBook Pro.

But I think the ship has sailed on integrated graphics for the entry level. It's not suitable for 3D games, but that's OK for many entry-level buyers. Games aside, a Core machine with integrated graphics flies. AND it support Core Image.

If the entry price for a MacBook would be higher with a real GPU, then I don't see Apple doing that. Like the Mac Mini, this is the bottom model. And Core Solo prices seem to be on the high side anyway, so the MacBook entry price needs all the help it can get. In terms of Apple setting themselves apart, iSight and the Front Row remote are probably more useful--and I can see even THOSE being missing from the MacBook, at least for the bottom model.

If, as I predict, there's no sub-$1000 MacBook, that will be a shame. But temporary: Core chip prices will come down.

bryanw

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
razzmatazz said:
This is getting bad as "Powerbook G5 next tuesday" was!

This is a little different. Unless a person was really in denial about the G5 heat issues, I find it hard to believe anyone really thought they were gonna squeeze a G5 into a portable enclosure. We know the iBook/MacBook really exists. It's going to be announced once Apple feels it's ready for primetime. I suspect that will be any day now. Just sit tight, people.

mzlin

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
The MacBook better be good...

I've been a Mac user since 1986 and a stockholder since 2000, but I have to say the new Compaq v3000 with the "imprint" finish looks quite nice.

http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/11883.jpg

Full story can be found from the notebookreview main page. It's like the black PowerBook some of us had been predicting these last few years. So far it's only been wishful thinking.

Of course the Compaq comes with the infamous Compaq tech service and can't run OS X... but some PC users won't care. All I mean is that Apple can't afford to lose looks as an unique advantage. I think it's time for Apple to come out with a new design concept. The Aluminum is getting old, and I just got a dent in the corner of my 17" Powerbook that I am not too happy about.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Sorry, I'm merely guilty.....

AidenShaw said:
The GMA950 graphics is part of the Northbridge chip - literally the same chip as the memory controller and system bus.

just adding to the torture. :p

garethh

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2006
UK
TS are probably just making it up about next Tuesday. I think the launch will be at the store opening in NY, if Steve actually wants to go there (thinking about the rumor which said he hadn't made his mind up!).

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
monkeyandy said:
All this means is that when they do go on sale...all you lovely peeps who are desperate to get your hands on one of these things (myself included) will be able to get one ordered and hopefully delivered pretty sharpish!

I'm sure if they released them today and you had delays on your orders you would be even more peeved!:p

Chill man! :cool:

I dont mind if the MB are announced today with a shipping date of even June end. That wud be much better than this NEXT TUESDAY. Atleast we`ll get to know whats in store for us. If I find out that the MB will have core solo with integrated grafix(OMG is that possible) I`ll definitely ditch it and buy a MBP the same day.

ppnkg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
UK
Wait, wait, I think I got it...maybe this is part of apple's war against rumour sites. SO, the macbooks are really inside those boxes, and everything was ready as to look that the launch was really scheduled for today. TS fell first in the trap and is the first to receive apple's deadly blow. This plan is a long term one, and mcbooks will be released after the credibility of all rumour sites has been demolished. The mac book will not just be apple's ultimate consumer laptop, but apple's deadliest weapon against rumours. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.