Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
They are preunibody white MacBooks (NOT ALU) and yes, they are selling them. They are in pretty terrible cosmetic condition (cracks, scratches, dents, nicks etc) but their body physically strong and they are practically usable. Apart from looking like **** and having stickers all over them, their all good.

apple replace part of the casing and you can still resell them for a tidy amount.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
apple replace part of the casing and you can still resell them for a tidy amount.

No I can't, the school tried to themselves but Apple refused because the kids were too rough with them, and they kept getting broken and ****ed up over and over, so Apple said that its their fault, we're not giving out free repairs to you anymore :(

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I think you misunderstood, I don't mean that business is Evil, but I look at this like the HP TouchPad firesale. Tons of people that genuinely wanted one to use missed out, while the little scammers of the world bought dozens only to profit. (Now, don't get me wrong, if I were on the other side of the fence, I'd be a happy little profit-mogul. :))

I don't mean I'd buy these instead of Christmas gifts, I meant to get them AS gifts. -- I'm not calling my idea bad in the sense that it's cruel and unusual, I just mean purely beneficial to me as opposed to purely helping others. That's all.

("Don't get your knickers in a twist." How did you get an insult out of what I said? Geez...)

Okay, you confuse me. Bottom line, for everyone reading: no, it is not bad if you buy all of the MacBooks for $50 each. If someone else wants them, let them come buy em, if not- you snooze you loose. Sorry. This isn't a moral issue, jeeze.

I'd buy them all in a heartbeat, no question. Forget one, get them all and make $$$.

Exactly.

I'd buy 10, sell each for 150~200$ EASILY, and buy a high-spec'd MBP. :D

Yep.

cortese212

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Suburbs of Nyc
i just currency converted and $50 nzd is $39.63 usd, oh happy days. im going to find out the exact shipping price in the morning and then i could possibly paypal you the $ :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.