Edit: how do you apply icons for new folders. I forgot (Mac OS X n00b):D

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Josias said:
Sweet. Spankyou very much. They're coool:D

Edit: how do you apply icons for new folders. I forgot (Mac OS X n00b):D

You "right" (control) click on the icon your wanting to change (Macintosh HD) for example, and select get info...a little information window will open. simply click on one of the macbook icons, copy it, and then click on the icon in the information window (a blue hue should surround the icon in the information window if done correctly) and hit paste

EDIT...& no Rdowns, no mooing, and i'm also glad to see no whining about these icons
Many thanks for the positive response

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Using the aqua MacBook one as my HD icon on my iBook. Love the whole reflection type of effect at the bottom. The black looks brilliant in aqua style. Great job. :)

EDIT: And macsrockmysocks, you can always restore any default OS X icon, but right-clicking > Get Info and then clicking on the icon and hitting the delete key. It'll then bring back the original icon.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Wow I thinking Im going to be using the black aqua one on my new BlackBook:D

edit: I would if i knew how to change the Icons, I havn't done it since last december so If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
runninmac said:
edit: I would if i knew how to change the Icons, I havn't done it since last december so If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great
Select the new icon (by "Get Info" or Cmd-i) and copy it or Cmd-c; then select the icon you'd like to replace and paste it or Cmd-v.

Sorry if my directions aren't very clear. :eek:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
runninmac said:
Thanks devilot but Ive been trying that for a good 5 mins and I still cant get it to work.:mad:
And you're only trying to change your Mac HD icon? Hm... Have you tried deleting the existing one (just for kicks-- I have no clue how to help you out)?

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Good news: I found out the reason why I can't is because it wont let me select copy

Bad news: I don't know how to enable the copying

Edit: Ok I got it. I was clicking on the big icon, not the small one on the upper left side of the window.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hmm... I don't know why, but I just stuck these as my HD icons on my old iBook G4 and all of a sudden it's mooing randomly every few minutes... What the heck's the deal? :confused:

*snicker snicker* :p

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
When replacing the hard drive icon there seems to be a lot of space underneath - above the text. Wanting to use 'Macbook Aqua.icns' - it's beautiful. Not familiar with .icns - none of the other icons in my collection end with that extension. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, nice work!