Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Thank you Google!

I've been looking for just the right icon for Black Beauty! Thanks cloud.

mbicon.png

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just got mine Monday and can't DL your icons. Any chance you can put them back up?

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Just drga the icon from the folder over to the "Get info" window where the icon is in the left upper corner. It looks really good on my MB. Thanks again (BTW, d'ya think you could make them a bit bigger, that would be the pwnest!:rolleyes: )
billede10iy.png

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
For those of you interested in the Macbook Icons...they are gone...i lost them in a reformat *im an idiot yes*

this leaves you with 3 choices...

1) cry or something

2) ask another person on forum for them

3) I will remake the icons to be released either july 29-30 (over the weekend basically)

I will post a thread announcing them (yay)
sorry for deleting them :p...they will return though

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Those look really nice and I'd love to use 'em on my new MacBook I just got.

Please tell us as soon as they are available again! Or, if someone has em and can email em to me that would be awesome too! :D

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
They look so good I almost wish I had a MB instead of a MBP :eek:

:p

amacgenius said:
I've been looking for just the right icon for Black Beauty! Thanks cloud.

mbicon.png

Where'd you get that background/what is it called, I like the way it looks.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
How do you install it? I tried opening info and dragging the icon in the preview thing, it has never worked for me, unless you have to restart to have it take effect. I really don't know.

nevermind i got it *EDIT

reburrcca

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Cooknn said:
When replacing the hard drive icon there seems to be a lot of space underneath - above the text. Wanting to use 'Macbook Aqua.icns' - it's beautiful. Not familiar with .icns - none of the other icons in my collection end with that extension. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, nice work!

I just noticed that, too, so I switched back. Is it like that on all machines? Thanks for sharing your work, though. Awesome job!

jjd

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2003
Other icon replacements?

Does this technique work for replacing other icons? I downloaded a nice Nikon D70s icon and I would like to have it appear when I mount my camera (as opposed to the standard white mounted drive icon). How do I do that?

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
jjd said:
Does this technique work for replacing other icons? I downloaded a nice Nikon D70s icon and I would like to have it appear when I mount my camera (as opposed to the standard white mounted drive icon). How do I do that?

It works in the same way just copy the icon then click get info on the camera's icon and paste the new icon in....should work fine everytime you mount the camera.....

ShadoW

jjd

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2003
shadowmoses said:
It works in the same way just copy the icon then click get info on the camera's icon and paste the new icon in....should work fine everytime you mount the camera.....

ShadoW

Sweet - I'll try it tonight. Thanks.

Natron

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2002
Just found this thread, white Macbook is coming on Tuesday.

I downloaded both sets of icons, and none are white. Anyone have the white macbook icons?

Preferably a straight on shot with a black screen.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Man, why do things never work for me. "Get info" on Macintosh HD, open Icon folder, drag icon onto small icon in "Get info" window. Is that right, because it's still not working.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Man, why do things never work for me. "Get info" on Macintosh HD, open Icon folder, drag icon onto small icon in "Get info" window. Is that right, because it's still not working.

Click on the icon that is in the icon folder. Do a :apple: + C. Then bring up the Get Info window, highlight the icon in the upper right hand corner so it has a blue glow around it. Now do a :apple: + C and you're done.

PS: The apple was meant to rep. a command symbol, but since they're both on the same key I just did it that way. How do you type a command symbol.. anyone?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Select the new icon and copy (Cmd+C), get info for the Macintosh HD, select the small icon in the upper left corner, and paste (Cmd+V).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Since I do not have a macbook I took the liberty and downloaded your sociology notes.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.