MacBook Illuminating Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DannyNguyener, Mar 21, 2010.

1. DannyNguyener macrumors regular

DannyNguyener

Battery life wise, does keeping the illuminating keyboard feature on really drain battery? I prefer to keep it on, it comes handy in the dark; however sometimes even in bright daylight I notice it on, which is unnecessary. I was wondering what most of you mac users usually do.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It will shorten your battery life, but not significantly. I didn't use it at all on my MacBook Pro since I touch-type and use the Dvorak keyboard layout with normal QWERTY keycaps, so there's no point in looking at my fingers. If you find it useful, by all means use it. I'd turn it off when not needed, though.

3. aaronoto macrumors newbie

Hmmm.... on battery power with mine the keyboard light will turn itself off automatically if the light sensor detects the room is bright enough. If I have the backlight off and I'm in a bright room and try to turn the backlight on anyways it won't let me.

I usually have my backlight off most of the time though.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Mine's on (automatic), with a 5 minute timeout.

5. mastercool10 macrumors member

honestly for me the keyboard is what makes my comp so godly...

if something goes wrong, just take your comp to a genius. They seem to know what to do with it

6. Jayyy macrumors newbie

I turned mine on a timer if it's not being used it will just dim then come back on as soon as I start using it again. Haven't noticed a huge battery drain with it that way.