Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookiesaregood

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
trackpad? and which keyboard covers to get??

Why don't they make trackpad covers? Some say it's because it wouldn't pick up your finger, but if you made the material thin enough it should work. Call me ghetto, but I'm still in the process of finding a keyboard cover in my budget and of good quality, so in the meantime I have a ziploc bag laying thinn over my trackpad/mouse because I don't want it to get dirty. I don't see any keyboard covers that include the trackpad, so I don't know which kind to get.
Also, what brand? Is Rasfox decent for a college kid that doesn't have an endless budget?? ;-)

Panzo

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2006
I have the moshi clearguard i believe, i cant say how satisfied i was with the purchase...

If you research the forums there was a detailed thread proving that the moshi clearguard had absolutely no effect on the performance/temperature of the machine, i myself partook in several trials all which concluded that the moshi clearguard keyboard cover did not cause the machine to operate at a higher temperature.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
origanally, I bought my keyboard cover to keep my keys from getting "shiny" (it happened with my first generation AIR, and looked terrible.)

Now I realize that the cover also helps guard against spills. I usually drink coffee while I surf, and the keyboard cover keeps crumbs, spills, etc. out.

I would not have a laptop without a cover now.

Also a trackpad cover, because nothing is as ugly as a worn, soiled trackpad. And with out protection, the trackpad WILL get that way.

kim6ball

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2009
Amazon has an Elago brand keyboard protector that is the same exact thing as Moshi Clearguard but a whole lot cheaper, it's like 8 bucks plus shipping. Also, if you buy any type of other protectant, like Zagg invisible shields, don't buy Zagg! Buy WRAPSOL. They're way cheaper especially with discount code 'chatter,' free shipping, better quality, better feeling finish, and goes on real easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.