Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thaisxs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Hi guys

I'm trying to search if theres a way that I can continue my work on macbook straight on Mac Studio seamlessly without having to copy the file over to another device. For eg if I'm working on a premier project on macbook and wish to continue it on a more powerful machine

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Short answer - no.

Medium answer - You can muck around with network logins, drives, etc but it will be a hassle and never be 100% seamless.

It's the reason I bought a soup'd up Macbook Pro M1 Max with extra storage, over a desktop + smaller laptop. Laptop goes everywhere with me and I plug it into screens when I need the screen real estate. The M1 Max crushes my old desktops in performance, and my old laptops in terms of battery power, anyway.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
If cloud is an option, that might work too. I pause the sync (dropbox) when im making changes so it doesnt sync all the time until im done for the session. Dropbox is the only one that does proper delta sync so it's pretty fast (the others like icloud/onedrive kinda do it but it's temperamental and doesnt happen all the time)

thaisxs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
If cloud is an option, that might work too. I pause the sync (dropbox) when im making changes so it doesnt sync all the time until im done for the session. Dropbox is the only one that does proper delta sync so it's pretty fast (the others like icloud/onedrive kinda do it but it's temperamental and doesnt happen all the time)
Thanks for your replied. I thought i saw something about what apple advertise before like continuity that can work seamless across devices to pick up where you left on another device.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for your replied. I thought i saw something about what apple advertise before like continuity that can work seamless across devices to pick up where you left on another device.
unfortunately continuity doesnt work with adobe so you're limited to just syncing the files over using a cloud service

zgagato

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2021
You can use Apple Remote Desktop or VNC to remotely control one mac from any other of your machines.
But it is too slow for remote work in Photoshop for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.