Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeffrosproto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
I don't know if it's been mentioned before (I don't want to read the entire thread), but the keyboard is missing the eject key, so it was a pretty clever photoshop if it was created from a macbook air, macbook, or pro (they all have eject buttons..)

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
But hopefully not the price. $899 is too much when you consider the $999 MacBook. If it's a NetBook/MacBook Mini, it better come with a mini price, not $100 less than the white MacBook - which is far superior for $100 more.

The macbook is also superior to the Macbook Air, which is $800 more...

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I don't know if it's been mentioned before (I don't want to read the entire thread), but the keyboard is missing the eject key, so it was a pretty clever photoshop if it was created from a macbook air, macbook, or pro (they all have eject buttons..)
A point supporting "real."

vvebsta

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2006

Well there is no actual evidence seen that it even has a superdrive, which makes it closer to a MBA mini.

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
Even when I DO have a screen, I still go through all of my notes after class to format and organize them and correct inevitable mistakes. It's the best way to study, without knowing you're studying.

It's the same as hand writing notes. You're not going for perfect spelling and format, you're just trying to get the ideas down first, then you can organize them later.

Besides, what would be the point of having my iPhone out on my desk while I'm typing? It's not like the screen would be very helpful since it would be at such a difficult viewing angle. I've been typing almost as long as I've been writing. I'm part of that generation.

Maybe useless to you, but those of us with typing skills don't need to look at the result. I feel mistakes as I make them and can choose to fix them or just let it be, I'll know what I meant later. Know what order to place notes? how bout chronologically, with what is presented first on top, followed by what comes next. It's easy to keep them in order.

I think that is a great idea, just to have a keyboard on your desk and look at the presenter as you take notes, or look up at the overhead projector display or chalkboard to see what to type. I look at the source when I copy things typing, not back and forth to the result. That's for n00bs.

Sorry if you can't utilize such a setup. There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people :rolleyes:

Ok i admit, after thinking it over again, it doesn't seem too bad, but when in go to university, ill take my notebook with me. i'll type (if i want to) while hearing what the prof is saying... but it happens more that occasionally that "he" loses track about what he's saying... that gives me time to look over what i just wrote... and besides, OUR profs don't always go through the topic in a reasonable way, by far not. five minutes on topic, 10 minutes off topic.
as i already stated, that gives me time to look over my notes, arrange my ideas and so on. that is not possible with your setup. that's what a NOTEBOOK is made for. i can use the time much more efficiently. and if i have a timegap between two lectures, i can work on other things, complete my notes etc. etc.... all of which is not possible on your iphone (yea, not right now) ....
why did you buy a laptop if you don't take it with to in order to use its advantages?

and finally, i would feel really stupid just carrying a keyboard with me, i'd feel like a uber nerd ;)

PS: i got the typing skills, don't worry ;)

concerning the "netbook" topic... it's fake, of course.

xhambonex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2008
Well I don't see why we bother debating these things anymore, the leaked photos will come soon enough as far as this as a possibility, sure it fits the new design and form of all of apple's stuff. Fake or not its a possibility, the specs and price, well I'm sure we'll complain, we always do.

kzin

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2005
At least people are not calling it the Macbook "nano". Nano is for things that fit in the coin pocket. I don't think you'd enjoy typing on a device that fits in the coin pocket.
:p

Maybe it would have a direct-neural interface (DNI), so you wouldn't need a screen (touch, multi-touch, or not), a keyboard, a trackpad/mouse, etc. You'd visualize it all in your head, and direct its user interface with thoughts. And this "Macbook Nano" would fit inside your wallet, just a few credit cards thick, and powered by 1 or 2 quarter sized nicad batteries.

Yeah. Like that'll happen by 3Q2009.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
this is definitely a fake... I saw the exact same image about 4 days ago, but with a button at the bottom of the trackpad. Now its been removed. I've got a copy in my time machine somewhere but i cant find it....

vvebsta

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2006
this is definitely a fake... I saw the exact same image about 4 days ago, but with a button at the bottom of the trackpad. Now its been removed. I've got a copy in my time machine somewhere but i cant find it....

i hope you find it! that would be hillarious. :)

jimmy176

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
Mac Fan, but no thanks...

I love my MacBook Pro, my iMac, and my Mac Mini. I also love my Dell Mini9 Hackintosh. I'd buy this in a second for $500, but $899 for a netbook is just too much. $299 Dell + $129 Leopard + 2 hours work = $429 Mac Netbook. Worth every penny.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
On the picure where you see it from the side, the F7 key is right above the "8" key. The other picture where you see the keyboard from the top, it's also righ on top of the "8" key. On the display reflection of the first picture, it's clearly not aligned the same way.

But even Apple have really badly photoshopped pictures of their own Macbook pro all over the website so that's not saying anything.

I think the device in the pictures looks pretty sweet. And the price is typically Apple, just a little bit above the perfect pricing. Consider there's a 1.83 GHz CPU in there, most Netbooks only have 1.6.

I doubt the keyboard is fill size though. The 12" powerbook had a full size keyboard and there was virtually no space on the left and right of the keys. The thing on the pictures supposedly has a 4:3 10" screen yet the keyboard is still full size... I just measured out the diagonal of my aluminum bluetooth keyboard: it's a bit more than 12", and that's just the keyboard. There would be a huge bezel around the display if it was a 10" LCD, I'm talking huge bezel like early eeePCs.

kookacoola

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
I Love It!

if this is true i would so buy it! (sarcasm)

honestly the macbook line doesn't make sense to me anymore. there's a low end macbook called mac book, then there's a paper weight on the go macbook called macbook air in the middle:eek:, and there's a really super all in one top mac called the macbook pro.:confused:

what would mac sense is macbook (mini), macbook (air), macbook, then macbook pro.:D

there! perfect!:D:D:D what apple should do is mac this spec the ($500) model make the macbook air the ($900) model and i would love it!

but in all seriousness this sucks on a mac scale:mad::apple:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I know ive publicly stated on here that Id never buy a netbook, ever. I still stand by that statement, but ill make one observation, that rendering is sexy hands down.

Still not worth owning a netbook to me tho.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Maybe it would have a direct-neural interface (DNI), so you wouldn't need a screen (touch, multi-touch, or not), a keyboard, a trackpad/mouse, etc. You'd visualize it all in your head, and direct its user interface with thoughts. And this "Macbook Nano" would fit inside your wallet, just a few credit cards thick, and powered by 1 or 2 quarter sized nicad batteries.

Yeah. Like that'll happen by 3Q2009.

The current iPod shuffle already talks to you and you control everything without looking. The next one will probably be in the earbud itself and comes in pack of two, one for each ear. Then people will complain that there's 2 of them and they're so small you always lose one. So the next one will be like a tight fitting ear plug with some sort of needle directly stimulating your eardrum... THEN you get DNI! :D

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I really hope this is a fake, mainly so I don't have to hear people cry about how netbooks don't cost $899 (imo, they do if they're from :apple:). Also, I want it to be fake, because I don't want a netbook. I'd rather see a 10" touchscreen tablet.

Stately

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
NYC
Tablets exist already.:confused:

Yes, they do. The Modbook is huge and gross though and the iphone doesn't have enough serious computing power among other things it lacks, including being bigger. Even so, it fits where it's supposed to perfectly. If they made a larger tablet with heavy computing power, so many people would buy it. I think it could really work. They could include a small stylus and include highly impressive responsiveness to it for extreme accuracy. If any one can do it it's certainly Apple. I would love it to have a form factor such as this.

Attachments

• Tablet.jpg
    Tablet.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 515

gettingmy1stmac

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
Harrison, AR
ion platform maybe?

if you think nvidia isn't already making chipsets with the 9400m that are compatible with the intel atom, you must not have heard of the ion platform...

Funny, that battery capacity is higher than a MacBook's, and nearly as high as the 15" MBPs. :rolleyes:

And is Nvidia making a board that would fit an Intel Atom and a 9400M just for Apple?? I don't believe such a thing exists for anyone else right now.

typ356

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

April Fools!!!

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
Do you have 28 billion CASH in the bank?
With your philosophy none of us are qualified to say anything about Apple, much like people in countries with no freedom of speech are not "qualified" to say anything about their governments. Besides, some people controlling considerably money than 28 billion were so extremely good at their jobs that their companies are now begging the U.S. congress for restructuring.

I think many would argue that 28 billion in the bank is BAD business sense..many would argue it should be invested somewhere to increase profits beyond bank interest

coolchris101

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2009
Why?

Why would they only put one USB port??? especially after they just put five on the mac mini... Just because it has mini in the name doesn't mean "bare bone" I mean come on, its still an apple product... Lets face it, this is just an early April Fools Joke.... Ha Ha

ghettochris

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Ok i admit, after thinking it over again, it doesn't seem too bad, but when in go to university, ill take my notebook with me. i'll type (if i want to) while hearing what the prof is saying... but it happens more that occasionally that "he" loses track about what he's saying... that gives me time to look over what i just wrote... and besides, OUR profs don't always go through the topic in a reasonable way, by far not. five minutes on topic, 10 minutes off topic.
as i already stated, that gives me time to look over my notes, arrange my ideas and so on. that is not possible with your setup. that's what a NOTEBOOK is made for. i can use the time much more efficiently. and if i have a timegap between two lectures, i can work on other things, complete my notes etc. etc.... all of which is not possible on your iphone (yea, not right now) ....
why did you buy a laptop if you don't take it with to in order to use its advantages?

and finally, i would feel really stupid just carrying a keyboard with me, i'd feel like a uber nerd ;)

PS: i got the typing skills, don't worry ;)

concerning the "netbook" topic... it's fake, of course.

The whole just whipping a keyboard out of my bag as opposed to a laptop will not go unnoticed, and when the ladies ask or give a funny look you can say you're just inputting it directly into your brain, as long as you're not the uber nerd to go along with such a move you could get laid from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.