MacBook Overheating?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theNIC, Apr 9, 2009.

1. theNIC macrumors member

(To start off, I'm the same guy who's having the light up dot thing, scroll down in MacBook / iBook if you want.)

I heard it was normal for Mac's to overheat, but mine gets hot. I don't know if it is because I'm not used to it, but it's been on my lap for 30 mins. (on as well), and it has already burned my leg.

(MacBook White)

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

All modern notebook computers run hot. If you're THAT concerned, install iStatPro and check out your temps.

3. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

yea the whitebooks are disgustingly hot especially the ones with the old intel graphics chipsets. The new Nvidia chipsets are alot cooler.

4. priller macrumors regular

Mine gets no where near hot enough to burn, you can feel the heat it shorts but it's not uncomfortable even after over 1 hour using it on my lap.

5. iboost79 macrumors member

I'd figure that the older MacBooks gets a little warm. I just upgraded the HD and RAM on a late 07 2.2GHz White MacBook.

120GB 5400RPM ----> 320GB 7200RPM
    2GB RAM -----> 4GB RAM

Temps before the upgrade averaged around 150 degrees Fahr. and now it's about 160 degree Fahr. on the average.

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Mine runs about 150*F on average. Last night, it went to 185*, they get really hot, lol.

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Mine is currently only running at 111* Fahr (44*Celsius). This is running six apps, incl. Firefox, iTunes and Photoshop. It must just be the older models. You can feel the heat, but it isn't uncomfortable.